We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best brewery tour?

usa
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Best brewery tour?

If you were to choose one brewery tour, which one would it be?

Where do you purchase the tickets?

USA
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best brewery tour?

Whatever you do, don't go to Plzen to go to the Pilsner Urquell brewery - apparently they rent out the entire place to German tourists, so small groups / couples / individuals are not able to get in. Of course they don't tell you this ahead of time, so you end up travelling all the way there for nothing.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,194 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best brewery tour?

you can book the staropramen brewery tour on www.staropramen.com.,the brewery is only a few hundred yards from the Andel metro station.it is a good tour (in English) and you can book a meal in the resturant afterwards. the food is very good and cheap.

as to the pilsner urquell brewery it produces in my humble opinion the best beer in the world and when you have tasted it from the brewery itself you will be a convert for life.do not believe everything you hear about not being able to get a tour,yes the germans do organise lots of tours but they are beer loving neighbors of the Czech republic and the tours are in German.If you want a tour go on the web site www.pilsnerurquell.com and follow links to times of tour you will then be asked to contact the brewery by an email link to book a tour.do not be put off by anybody that cant be bothered to organise their trip properly (as the Germans have done ).the resturant in the brewery is fantastic,it is a real old fashioned style beer hall and the staff all have very smart uniforms,the food is great and the beer divine.

In Plzen there is also an excellent brewery museum which is well worth a visit and only ashort walk from the brewery.

I will be making my 3rd trip to Plzen next March and i will not be put off by Germans booking all the tours.

Have a great time

Alan

Prague
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best brewery tour?

If you want a tour that shows you how beer is made then you can't beat the Plzen tour. If you are short of time but, want the same type of tour then take the Staropramen tour. If you don't care too much about seeing 10,000 litre copper tanks and you want to see a really scaled down brewery then turn up for the Novomestsky microbrewery tour in Vodickova. Pay on the day 60kc and after 6pm is English.

Jason

www.livingprague.com

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best brewery tour?

Plzen is the best tour. It is full of Germans, but as noted above, the beer is far superior to Staropramen. You can but tickets at the door and the brewery is a short walk from the Plzen railwazy station.