We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

special weekend in prague

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
special weekend in prague

Hi Travelmadfamily here, i would like to have a long weekend in Prague with my hubby as a spsecial time to celebrate his !! birthday in Dec, can anyone help as to a good but cheap hotel and which areas to think of staying in and what are the things we should do while there

Tahnk you in advance

Ann

england
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: special weekend in prague

just keeping up front in hope

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,343 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: special weekend in prague

There are so many things to see and do in Prague and a huge variety of hotels to choose from.I would suggest you try for a hotel within walking distance of all the main tourist sites(that will not be difficult) companies like expedia and opodo can organise a flight and hotel package for you. I have included a list of web sites that should help you with the info you need .

www.expedia.co.uk

www.czechairlines.co.uk

www.opodo.com

www.pragueexperience.com

www.praguepost.com

www.prague.cz

www.visitprague.cz

www.praguecitytourist.com

www.livingprague.com

all these web sites have info on accommodation,transport,eating out,main tourist activities,and things to do at night.take your time and first find out exactly where you wish to stay and then work out your own itinary from there.if you have specific questions about hotels or areas of Prague then post a question on the forum and i am sure someone will be able to answer it for you.

Prage is a wonderful city to visit and it might be worthwile investing in a good map before hand so you can see the diffrent areas of the city so you can make a decision on accommodation

good luck and enjoy your holiday planning.

Alan

Dallas
Level Contributor
152 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: special weekend in prague

In December you should be able to find some really nice hotels at reduced rates. Bring some hats and gloves...see the palace...go up the tower above the palace and see prague from above....St Nicholas church....streets of old town....and thats a good weekend!!!

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: special weekend in prague

In December, go to the Christmas Market in the Old Town Square and drink mulled wine. Also go to the opera; its much cheaper than in England

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: special weekend in prague

We've just stayed in the Pension U Suteru which is situated in a quiet side street a short walk from Wenceslas Square.

We found it a good base to explore the city on foot.

6. Re: special weekend in prague

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:09 am, December 07, 2011
england
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: special weekend in prague

peb7

hi tmf here would you know of anywhere in Prague that would be able to send me booklets etc on Prague to help mme read up about the place and get the feel of it, i guess what i am looking for is a tourist office that will send to England,

Ann

england
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: special weekend in prague

unclrgus

thank you for youe help , i am wading my way there the web sites now,

Cheers

Ann

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: special weekend in prague

You can always try the Czech tourist office in London www.czechtourism.com.

The brochures they will send are though full of pictures and will not tell you much about the history. Better to buy a guidebook - the one's with many pictures though tend to hvae fewer words. I personally like the Rough Guides as they tell you lots about places just off the beaten track as well.

england
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: special weekend in prague

bump