We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget hotels versus hostels

Simpsonville, South...
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Budget hotels versus hostels

I am confused after reading postings about these two types of cheap accommodation, which is what I can afford for a student.

How much does a typical room cost in a hostel or a budget hotel? How much does it cost to stay in a barrack style accommodation in a hostel? How much risk is there of theft?

Please, I need names of budget hotel and hostels. What is the weather like in mid June - cold, sunny, rainy, windy, temperature? Suggestions for clothings?

Prague
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget hotels versus hostels

Budget hotels are generally more expensive than hostels. Hostels have the "personal touch" that the small budget places do not. I've found that www.hostel.cz is a good place to start to get info on hostels. If you want a central place look for the tyn hostel, Junior, Travellers (Dlouha) or Richies amongst others. Slightly out of town but, great riverside location is the hostel Boathouse. Hostels are generally in the 500kc to 1000kc range but, the more people in the room the cheaper it gets. Weather will be warm but, good chance of rain and bring a light jumper just in case.

Jason