We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kutna Hora from Prague

Hedge End, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
138 reviews
Save Topic
Kutna Hora from Prague

Hi everyone,

Me and my husband are going to Prague in August and we would like to do some day trips as well. We are looking at visiting Kutna Hora, but would like to go alone, not as part of a tour. Are there any direct trains?

I have looked onhttps://jizdnirady.idnes.cz/vlakyautobusy/spojeni/, but I am not sure if the trains are direct or you have to change. Google says you need to change and take a bus. Any advice/ideas?

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
10 replies to this topic
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,992 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kutna Hora from Prague

There are direct trains, and there are trains with one change in Kolin, roughly 50 minutes journey. Then if you want to visit the Ossuary, walk from the station, 15 minutes or so.

Other places in Kutna Hora, take the minibus from the Ossuary.

https:/…

https://www.cd.cz/en/eshop/

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
21 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kutna Hora from Prague

I just did this today. I walked up and bought my ticket at Praha.hl.n and the next train leaving was the one to change in Kolin. It was easy, many people will be doing the same. Get off at KH.hl.n for the bone church, it's an easy walk. I would not recommend walking into town, try to catch the bus. It's worth an hour or so look around.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
18,816 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kutna Hora from Prague

If you plan to go on a Saturday morning, get first class.

Direct trains are every two hours.

Making the simple change in Kolin wil give you more options...choices would be hourly

If the weather is moderate, walking is fine. However, I always take a taxi from the square back to the train station.

Edited: 4:59 am, June 14, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
32 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kutna Hora from Prague

The first train from Prague leaves at 8AM and I'd aim for that as the sights in Kutna Hora seemed to fill up quickly. We bought round trip train tickets to Kutna Hora Mesto. The main train from Prague drops you off at Kutna Hora hl.n. but then there's a 2-car train that's waiting there. We took that train to the first stop, Sedlec, and walked to the ossuary and the other church in town. The ticket to KH Mesto gets you onto both trains. You could walk from KH hl.n. as others have noted but it was raining so we took the train as far as we could.

We walked from Sedlec into Kutna Hora to see St Barbara's church (amazing! don't miss it!). From there we took the 12:45 small train from KH Mesto to KH hl.n. and the 1:00 train from there into Prague. Unfortunately, there were no seats available and we had to stand for the hour-long ride back. Ugh. I don't know if the later trains are less full or if we could've/should've reserved seats but that part was not fun.

There is a tourist info place near the ossuary where you can get info about train times for your return trip.

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
5. Re: Kutna Hora from Prague

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, yesterday

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,816 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kutna Hora from Prague

Link does not work

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Kutna Hora from Prague

There are 3 of us in the party. My plan is to buy return tickets from Prague to Kutna Hora Mesto. After

St. Barbara's church and lunch, we ride a taxi to Sedlec Ossuary. I know I can also ride the train to Sedlec but I figure taxi would be more flexible. After Sedlec, I walk to Kutna Hora hl.n. to catch the next train back to Prague. Does the itinerary sound reasonable? How much would the taxi be, from St. Barbara to Sedlec?

Finally, if my return ticket is for 2 pm, can I ride a train that's leaving at a different time, without having to pay for an additional fee? Thanks for your time.

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,992 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kutna Hora from Prague

You can take any train you like with a standard ticket.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,816 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kutna Hora from Prague

About 100kc

More departure times if you are willing to change in Kolin

Edited: 10:40 am, yesterday
Halifax, Canada