We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Prague itinerary

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Prague itinerary

I'm visiting Prague for the first time month and will be there for 4 nights.

I'd welcome any suggestions for any 'must see' sights and traditional (i.e. non touristy) places to eat.

Thanks.

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
1,336 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Prague itinerary

Dear Puddleduck2,

All you need to do is look at "Prague Attractions" on Tripadvisor's website. It lists the most popular attractions. I just looked at them and have to agree that these are the "must sees" in Prague. Luckily, Prague is a relatively small city and most of the sights are easily accessed. I especially liked the castle and cathedral. I did buy the Prague Card and found that, with diligence, it paid for itself. You can get views of Prague from the Astronomical Clock (cost 50 crowns and an elevator!) Great views can also be had from Petrin Hill and from the cathedral's tower. Beware, however, that the climb to the top of the cathedral tower is difficult, as it is up a small, circular stairway with no real spots to rest and 2 way traffic.

I had a lovely lunch in Kampa (the area underneath the Charles bridge near the Lesser Town) at Cafe Dvorjak. I had wonderful, extremely rich hot chocolate and wonderful icecream at Creamery Milano located on the main shopping street running from the Old Town to the Josefov (Jewish area.) Also had wonderful "apple rolls" at the Cafe Slavia located opposite the National Theater (I think) anyway it's the theater that is situated by the river one bridge down from the Charles Bridge.)

Enjoy!

E

lancs uk
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Prague itinerary

have you not looked at earlier forums asking the same questions!

Leeds
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Prague itinerary

Vysherad fort is lovely area, St Ludmilla Church, TV tower just for the view, up the astronomical clock tower.

Then there's all the usual ones too.

Sarah

surrey
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Prague itinerary

If you want a romantic restuarant, then checkout "Palffy Palac" Valdstejnska 14, its situated below the gardens of the castle. Its pricey but excellent, they have a outside area with views across the city and also try "bazaar" nerudova 40,

Also for great views and lunch on a sunny day eat outside at "Ozivle Drevo" strahovske nadvori 1. There is also a micro brewery up here.

For excellent tours. George has a leaflet in the tourist office by the famous clock. He is excellent, he will take you on a choice of tours without 30 other tourists tagging along and he does not walk around with an umbrella!. We did a tour of the countryside south of Prague with George and saw the real czechoslovakia, visit a place called SLAPY, 30 mins drive south.

checkout www.praguemaster.com

Best tip for prague is get up early one morning and walk the town centre at 7-8am its peaceful and you get the best photos before the crowds arrive on the coaches!! at 10 am.

Sacramento, CA
Destination Expert
for Sacramento
Level Contributor
3,782 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with Prague itinerary

For a good restaurant with a great view check out the restaurant at the top of the Hotel U Prince just across from the Clock Tower. It has about the same view as the Clock Tower but the elevator is free.

As far as 'Must Sees' definitely the Castle and St. Vitus cathederal, the Jewish Quarter/Cemetary, Old Town Square but be aware that the 'Clock Show' is definitely overated unless you get a kick out of watching tourists look silly!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,157 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with Prague itinerary

Thanks for your kind replies, they are very helpful.