We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prague - accomodation and nightlife

Which Prague hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
mumbai
7 posts
Save Topic
prague - accomodation and nightlife

Hi,

we're 4 guys from asia visiting prague for 3-4 days in mid may. Since we're all pretty young (25 yrs), we're looking to stay in a place thats close to all the action and night life. Which are the cool places to hang out? WHats a good hotel to stay in? We're not looking at hostel accomodation, nor a really expensive hotel. I guess somewhere in the middle (example, a hilton or a holiday inn or somewhere in the range where its decently affordable). Would appreciate the names of the bars as well where a bunch of 20 somethings can hang out. Would appreciate any insight since this is our first visit to eastern europe. Thanks!!

Dallas
Level Contributor
152 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: prague - accomodation and nightlife

You can try the hilton, its about a 10 minute walk from the Florenc metro station (from there can get to anywhere in Prague). But I would think that rooms will run you about 150-200 euros...you might get lucky and get it a little less. There is also a Marriott in Prague and I think they are usually a little bit cheaper. There are lots and lots of hotels, if your willing to stay at a two star hotel you'll find something for say 45 Euros/night and might find one that would give you a rollaway or two to allow you to get by with one room.

There are too many bars to list...

burton on trent
Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: prague - accomodation and nightlife

we had appartment from pragueaccomadations which was great value. you can find them on net.

tallahassee
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: prague - accomodation and nightlife

Andel's hotel was right across the street from a metro station and a really cool modern place to stay.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,609 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: prague - accomodation and nightlife

The Marriott is one of the more expensive hotel in Prague (cater to businessmen) so I won't suggest you try them. Even the Holiday Inn and the Hilton runs pretty steep there esp. when you are there during HIGH season.

If you want to stay in a decent place that is affordable (between 150 to 200 euros), there are a few neighborhoods to choose from : Old Town, Lesser Town, Caslte area (Mala Strana), etc. I suggest that you choose the hotel you want to stay at and then make your way to the other towns (all has its own fair share of restaurants and sightseeing). It is very easy to get around (public transportation is good) and like most of Europe, you can usually walk to quite a few places easily.

For 4 young men, try these hotels:

1) http://www.arcotel.cc/teatrino.htm (a design hotel like those in London and NYC, also they have a great promotion right now - Discover Prague package for 140 euro, you cant beat that for the quality you are getting)

2) Hotel Cloister Inn (good location)

http://www.pragueholiday.cz/cloisterinn.php

3) Andels Suites Prague

4) K K Hotel Central (expedia has a special rate)

I am sure there are a lot more options but like I had said, you are going during their busiest month (with all the holidays, the prices are really steep in May, esp. from 5th -7th May). Good luck and have fun