We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Severe Warning - Martin Tour "guided" tours

Tel Aviv
7 posts
Save Topic
Severe Warning - Martin Tour "guided" tours

Hello all ,

My name is Ilan and I live in Tel Aviv , Israel . I just came back from a one week vacation at Prague .

I would like to share with you my bad experience that I had with a guided tour to Dresden that I've ordered with Martin Tour .

On the last vacation day , I've ordered through my hotel (Hotel Astoria , Prague) a guided tour with Martin Tour to Dresden for the price of about 150 Euros.

We (myself and my wife and daughter) were picked up by the bus at the starting point with a delay of half hour but it was nothing compared with what we passed on this "guided tour" .

The driver (George) spoke loudly all the way long to Dresden with a girl that seat close to him putting all the passengers of the bus in a high danger since his attention was clearly pointed to the girl than on the driving itself .

After more than 3 hours and half of driving we arrived at the first point of interest (that for us was the last too ) at Dresden - Zwinger Gallery .

The guide told to the group "Follow me !" and started to run (really to run) within the hundreds of the visitors at Zwinger Gallery .

Since we were with our 3.5 years daughter we didn't had any chance to run with him , therefore in about 5 seconds we lost the guide .

We started to look for him between the different rooms of the Gallery , but George was not there .

We did not have any phone of Martin Tour , therefore weren't able to contact them in any way .

The guide didn't mentioned anything about how long is the staying at Zwinger Gallery or anything about the pickup place or hour .

So , we were been left in the middle of Dresden by the guide of the guided tour of Martin Tour.

Since it was our last day of our vacation and the flight back to our country was just in the morning after it from Prague, we took a Taxi to Dresden Train Station and entered in the first train to Prague in order to be able to ensure our returning home.

When we came back at our hotel in the evening and contacted Martin Tour we were told that the guide , George, realized that we're missing when he left with 2 spare entry tickets to Zwinger Gallery in his hand .

Well , since we had to look for the guide through the Gallery itself , we already know that we had to pay for the child too in order to access the Gallery , so , we had to buy 3 tickets in order to enter to the gallery and not only 2 ...

So , our driver / guide of Martin Tour was so occupied by the girl who seat close to him from Prague to Dresden that he didn't even realized how many tourists he has in the bus . He thought that we are only 2 tourists (2 tickets left) instead 3 !!!!

When we came home in Tel Aviv , we contacted Martin Tour and asked them to return the money paid for their "guided tour" (150Euro) and for the train that we had to take to arrive back at Prague (50Euro) .

Martin Tour answer was that they don't intend to give the money back since there is our fault that we was not able to follow the guide .

I will probably fill a complain at our local police about this case and I'll ask them to involve the International Police , hoping that we'll be able to get our money back soon .

Till then , I'll do my best to publish this case , as I did in this forum , in order to let other tourists that come to visit Czech Republic and Prague to be aware by taking "guided tours" with Martin Tour . In our case - we started the tour with Martin Tour but we ended it by Train .

Be aware !!!

Ilan

Mentioned in this post
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Dresden
Dresden
Saxony, Germany
Astoria Hotel
Astoria Hotel
1,277 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Zwinger
Zwinger
3,913 Reviews
Dresden, Germany
Czech Republic
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Severe Warning - Martin Tour "guided" tours

Good day to all,

I am a Manager of Martin Tour, and I would like to present our point of view as well. All I write here we have already written to Mr. Ilan. By chance I went to the Dresden with the second bus that day as well, so I will explain few thinks too:

1. The tour to Dresden starts at 8:50 at the Old town square, continues to Republic square and departs there at 9:05. We had a little delay because one of the clients (in the bus I went with) has forgotten her passport in the hotel. But it definitely wasn’t half an hour. Anyway we have arrived to Dresden approx 12:30.

1. The tour to Dresden is not guided! About this fact are clients informed before they buy the tour. Basically our driver (English speaking) will take the clients to Dresden, gives them the tickets to the Zwinger Gallery (Old Masters gallery only) and tells them where and when the departure back to Prague is. In our leaflet is also written, that return to Prague is at 17:30.

2. That day we had together 2 buses going to Dresden. In the bus where Mr. Ilan travelled was another 5 clients, which all came back to Prague with us and enjoyed the tour as they told me. In my bus we had another 4 clients, none of them lost.

3. Mr Ilan, his wife and a daughter 3, 5 yrs old, paid for 2 persons, the child was free of charge. In the Zwinger Gallery is ticket for 3, 5 yrs free of charge. You can check by asking on their web sites as I did and I have sent it to Mr Ilan with my answer.

By the way Mr. Ilan, it is new information to me, that you bought the ticket to gallery as well. You have told me you just asked?!?

4. Our driver George took the clients to the Zwinger Gallery Ticket office (its approx 100 m from where the car stopped) to give them the tickets to the gallery. The driver and the other clients confirmed that while they all waited for the driver to come back with the tickets Mr Ilan and his family disappeared. I would say that if the driver was so fast as Mr Ilan says he could shout at him to stop and wait for them or he could leave his wife and daughter behind for a while and follow the driver not to miss the group.

5. Mr Ilan has not made any afford to contact us before he took a train back. On our brochure we have our contact numbers, or he may be could find an internet cafe to find the phones on our web sites.

To this point I would like to remind that (again) it is written in our information leaflet: "Customers are obliged to stay with their group and the guide. Separation from the group can result in being left behind and will be at customers expense.

6. At 17:00 my colleague from office in Prague called me that Mr. Ilan is calling from his hotel that he came back by train.

So that is about all I wanted briefly to say on our defence.

I must point out we are sorry that the day of Mr. Ilan and his family ended up like this but if they would stay with the driver and the group (another 9 persons) or at least contacted us everything could be ok and we both could be happy.

I hope this helps to all make their own opinion whether we are really so bad company or it was just misfortune. It is always better to hear both sides.

Have all a great day

Best regards from Martin Tour

Jana

Mentioned in this post
Dresden
Dresden
Saxony, Germany
Old Town Square
Old Town Square
52,060 Reviews
Prague, Czech Republic
Zwinger
Zwinger
3,913 Reviews
Dresden, Germany
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Severe Warning - Martin Tour "guided" tours

Thankyou for your comments. Almost booked with this company.

3. Re: Severe Warning - Martin Tour "guided" tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 pm, October 02, 2009