We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Prague to Ljubljana

Edmonton, Alberta
Level Contributor
90 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Prague to Ljubljana

We will be travelling from Prague to Ljubljana on September 20th this year. My husband really wants to take the train (although I understand there is a flight), so I am trying to figure out the best way to book the train.

It seems to me that booking a train from Prague to Vienna, and then another train from Vienna to Ljubljana might make sense?

We definitely want to do it all in one day, and we definitely want to travel in the day (i.e. not a night train).

I thought you could book trains 90 days ahead, but it seems it may only be 60 days ahead?

Any guidance, good booking sites, etc, would be most appreciated. Is it only my impression that airlines the world over have their acts together when it comes to booking flights, but not so much for train travel? Seems oddly difficult. Could just be me.

1. Re: Train from Prague to Ljubljana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, June 26, 2014