We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Prague to Budapest

Florida, United...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Train from Prague to Budapest

My friend and I are backpacking through Europe this summer. I am trying to buy all of our tickets in advance. The past two time I have been to Europe I have had the EuRail pass. This time I won't, so I'm not really familiar with dealing with trains without it. Also, the last two times we have just gotten our train tickets a few days in advance when we were in the city. I am trying to find a cheap trustworthy website to buy train tickets from Prague to Budapest. Or, is it best to just get my tickets when we are in Prague? Any help is appreciated!

I am also trying to find tickets from:

Budapest to Munich.

Munich to Salzburg.

Salzburg to Rome.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock
Level Contributor
15,193 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Prague to Budapest

EuroRail, Europass are resellers...should never be used

from Prague to Budapest, purchase via Czech E-shop.$25USD (19Eu) one way..for this price, you are chosing a specific ,date, time ..it is not refundable.

https://www.cd.cz/eshop/default.aspx

Quainton, United...
Level Contributor
7,697 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Prague to Budapest

Go direct to Czech Railways, www.cd.cz/eshop, Prague to Budapest from €19.

For Budapest to Munich, either buy from German Railways www.bahn.de/en from €39 oir buy from Hungarian Railways, www.mav-start.hu

Munich to Salzburg from €19, www.bahn.de/en

Salzburg to Rome, Austrian Railways, www.oebb.at if you want an option via an Innsbruck-Rome or Vienna-Rome sleeper.

If you want day trains, book Salzburg-Verona at www.oebb.at from €39, allow at least 45 minutes in Verona, then book Verona to Rome from €9 at www.trenitalia.com

3. Re: Train from Prague to Budapest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 27, 2014