We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xmas at Bohemian Switzerland

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
26 posts
154 reviews
87 helpful votes
Xmas at Bohemian Switzerland

We are a group of 7 and are planning to visit Prague from the 22nd of December to 28th of December. We had a few questions and we were hopeful that you could help us with them.

1. We were wondering if we could plan a visit to the Bohemian Switzerland on the 25th of December. Could you please let us know if the place is open or are there any restrictions due to the holiday period. 27th is another option for us if 25th dosen't work.

2. Can we pack our lunches and eat inside the national park during the trek? Are there any restrictions against them. If so, are they are good vegetarian restaurants in the park?

3. We assume that we can take a train to Decin and then a bus to Hrensko. Please advise if there are any specifics here that we will need to take care of.

4. Are there any local guides available that could take us along the trek and explain the history and the significance of the place? The tours from Prague are extremely expensive and would be above our budget.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

3 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
1. Re: Xmas at Bohemian Switzerland

You are traveling during Christmas, so expect most of the services clised or very limited. You can walk freely and eat what you bring, but plan transportation carrefuly, it will be limited. Instead of a guide download mapy.cz app.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
26 posts
154 reviews
87 helpful votes
2. Re: Xmas at Bohemian Switzerland

Hi Pavel

That's good information. Thank you. Any tips on planning my transportation? Can I find out the local train / bus timetables somehow?

The mapy.cz is awesome. Thanks.

Level Contributor
2,618 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
3. Re: Xmas at Bohemian Switzerland

Check idos.cz. Google maps can also plan public transportation but I don't trust it that much (especially with all the Christmas schedules).

Reply to: Xmas at Bohemian Switzerland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted