We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

D.I.Y Underground river..permit purchase and private tour ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
D.I.Y Underground river..permit purchase and private tour ?

Can someone clarify the situation with permits for the Underground river in Sabang for me please, as I'm reading conflicting reports. Put simply, what are my chances of turning up at the office in Sabang, and obtaining a permit for the following day or following days.? ( I'll be there 3/4/5 April) I'm staying at one of the resorts in Sabang, and although not a cheapskate, I do feel P 2,800 is a bit excessive, taking into consideration I could walk to the river from the resort, or that I could certainly buy a day trip including transport from PP for less than that.!! I'm happy to pay good money for a private tour, but this P2,800 is to join a general tour group on a boat from the pier at Sabang.....although it does include a Resort Lunch.....which is probably half the cost..!!!!!

So presuming I manage to obtain a permit, is it possible to just turn up at the river,and hire a boat/guide ??

Alternatively, are there agencies that book tours STARTING Sabang ( permit, entrance and guide) with no PP transport

14 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: D.I.Y Underground river..permit purchase and private tour ?

Please ignore the above questions and post....I've just found all the info I need !! I was looking in the wrong forum..!!...Thanks

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: D.I.Y Underground river..permit purchase and private tour ?

Hi, what was the conclusion on this as to whether permits can be purchased in Sabang the day before and if so where? My hotel in Sabang is quoting silly money for a tour when I know it should not be so expensive.

melbourne
Level Contributor
3,288 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: D.I.Y Underground river..permit purchase and private tour ?

Once upon a time accommodation was scarce around Sabang. The opportunity to make "silly money" from Underground River tours is the reason that there is now a lot more accommodation available, especially in higher end resorts, around Sabang.

Permits can be purchased from the booking office in Puerto Princessa, or by booking with an accredited tour agency

undergroundriver.puertoprincesa.ph/…

California
Level Contributor
25 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: D.I.Y Underground river..permit purchase and private tour ?

@ Gary H...

Please post how you got your information. I will also be staying at one of the resorts in Sabang and would like to get info about the Underground River from Sabang. Most of the tours I see are coming from Puerto Princesa town proper and would like to get a head start if I could before all the crowds get in.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: D.I.Y Underground river..permit purchase and private tour ?

I stayed at Daluyon Hotel in Sabang who wanted 2200 per person for this tour. Far, far too expensive. beautiful hotel, but I don't allow myself to get ripped off. Contacted Balay Balay Lodge in Sabang who organised things for me and resulted in less than 1000 peso per person for the tour.

California
Level Contributor
25 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: D.I.Y Underground river..permit purchase and private tour ?

@IanG1967

Thanks for the heads up. We will actually be staying in Daluyon as well and was gonna ask them to organise the tour for us. Did you contact the Lodge beforehand or did it while in Palawan...just worried about running out of spots since I hear they get booked.

What about transportation from airport to Sabang area? I ask Daluyon for that but now I might get better/cheaper deals somewhere else.

Thanks for info

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: D.I.Y Underground river..permit purchase and private tour ?

Hi there, I actually contacted Balay Balay Lodge on their facebook page some time prior to going to Sabang once I knew how expensive Dalu were. I had to send them 50% deposit in advance but all went fine. Daluyan organised an airport pick up for me at 3000 pesos but there were 7 of us so that cost was easily handled. I am sure you can get local transport from PP to Sabang though much cheaper if required.

London, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: D.I.Y Underground river..permit purchase and private tour ?

We also stayed at the Dalyuon,(fantastic Hotel) and ended up walking along to the office at the Pier, buying tickets including tour and permit charge for fractionally under 1000.

TOP TIP: If you're going to do it this way, go to the Pier in the morning and buy tickets, but go along to catch the boat to the river system between 1 and 2pm. It's the 'lull period' between the morning tour groups leaving and the afternoon groups arriving. You'll still have to queue for a boat, but only a comparatively short while compared to morning and afternoonot madness !!

Cavite City...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: D.I.Y Underground river..permit purchase and private tour ?

Please help how I can get a one way transfer from Pueerto Princesa to Daluyon Beach Hotel in Sabang. Lexxuss shuttle is not replying. Thanks.

California
Level Contributor
25 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: D.I.Y Underground river..permit purchase and private tour ?

Did they tell you how many tickets/permits were still available at that time? I've heard some days the tour is fully booked since they allow only 900 tourist/day and didn't want to take the chance and not be able to secure a spot.

Reply to: D.I.Y Underground river..permit purchase and private tour ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sabang