We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight trip from Nairobi to Bogoria and return

UK
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Overnight trip from Nairobi to Bogoria and return

Hi,

Could you tell me is it best to go to Bogoria first and then on the return should we stop in Lake Nakuru or Naivasha. Our main aim is to see the flamingos, hot springs and take a safe boat ride. Is it worth going to Lake Nakuru? I think Naivash is much better. Also are park entrance fees expensive? Please advise how we can arrange our itineray the best and safe way.

6 replies to this topic
Nairobi
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight trip from Nairobi to Bogoria and return

You better overnight at Bogoria for Flamingos and then proceed to Lake Naivasha for the Safe boat ride.Nakuru is no longer value for money as most parts of the park are longer accessible.On park fee if expensive no comment as expensive is relative,

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight trip from Nairobi to Bogoria and return

In Lake bogoria reserve is 50us$, Lake Nakuru is 80us$ and lake Naivasha you need to pay only for he boat ride and not entry. You better spend over night in Bogoria, next day after breakfast you depart to lake Naivasha for boat ride and lunch. If time permit, you can also visit hells gate few minutes from the lake at 20us$.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight trip from Nairobi to Bogoria and return

If you are going to Lake Bogoria, you will pass via Lake Nakuru, though the lake does not have the flamingos at the moment you can decide to pop for a chance to see rhinos, lions and other animals. If so, overnight at Nakuru is recommended.

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,798 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight trip from Nairobi to Bogoria and return

The Lake Bogoria Hot Springs are VERY hot, but the Hotel just outside the Park has a pool fed by water from the hot springs (as well as a normal pool). I loved swimming in the hot pool!!

UK
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Overnight trip from Nairobi to Bogoria and return

Thank you all this was very helpfull

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,798 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Overnight trip from Nairobi to Bogoria and return

i agree with the Bogoria, Naivasha suggestions.

Reply to: Overnight trip from Nairobi to Bogoria and return
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rift Valley Province
More Rift Valley Province Topics