We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Kiev and Chernobyl

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Kiev and Chernobyl

Hi,

I am visiting Kiev and Chernobyl June 25th - 29th. Any advise money vise. How much I woyuld need Gryvnia to be comfortable with, food, souvenirs as everything else is paid for. Becouse of situation in Ukraine Gryvnia now lost strength, I guess prices jumped up. Please help me with this one. Thanks, Laimis

4 replies to this topic
Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Kiev and Chernobyl

Hi Laimis and welcome to Kyiv forum!

I'm afraid it's not possible to answer your question - each person has their own financial comfort level. And we have no idea of where you prefer to eat (street food, fast food, cafes, restaurants?) and what kind of souvenirs you have in mind (average Chinese stuff of Ukrainian specialty, exquisite unique works?).

All I can say in general is that it's possible to fine eateries and souvenirs for any budget in Kyiv.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Kiev and Chernobyl

Cora V thanks for answer fare enough.

Kyiv
Destination Expert
for Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Kiev and Chernobyl

Maybe you'd like some pointers, to get an idea of the price range for certain items? Or you could look through some restaurants' web-sites and see the prices in their menus: tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g294474-Kiev.html Perhaps that'd help?

Indeed, the prices have jumped recently, largely driven by FX-rate fluctuations, petrol prices' hike and the like. But those are mainly the locals paid in local currency who suffered the most from it. With hryvnia depreciation it is anyway beneficial for the foreigners to be here now.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Kiev and Chernobyl

Cora V thanks for answer fare enough. pointers would be helpful as to look at the restaurant sites don't see point because I don't know what is expensive what's not

Reply to: Visiting Kiev and Chernobyl
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kiev Oblast