We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early morning taxi to train station

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
612 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Early morning taxi to train station

We have been in Ronda for three days--what a lovely town, absolutely beautiful.

We are catching the 8 am train to Granada tomorrow, and the nice lady at our apartment told us there is only ONE taxi that will do early pickups (before 8 am), and that IF he has a fare to Malaga, etc. we are out of luck. REALLY?

Surely there are other options for a ride to the train station at 7 am or so? There are so many tourists here I can't imagine there isn't--but I really don't know where to turn.

When we arrived by bus, there were NO taxis at the station, I finally went into a nearby bar and asked the nice man to call one for us.

Any advice or help would really be appreciated--it's a loooong walk to the station from where we are staying, especially with a suitcase and backpack!

Thanks,

TVQ

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,698 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early morning taxi to train station

The nice lady may be correct but I too cannot imagine that you cannot find a taxi and think you need to do some more asking around. Obviously the tariff before 8am will be higher than during daytime and it is Sunday morning but surely some taxi can be found ! Is there no way that you can ask at the tourist office? Or go to the taxi stand and just ask? someone will do it for a price but it needs to be organised in advance like this evening.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,698 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early morning taxi to train station

There are apparently 3 taxi stands (paradas) in Ronda. One at the bus station. One at the railway station. And one centrally situated.

More information on this :

http://www.taxienronda.com/

perhaps the night taxi driver who may be on this phone number 670207438 could be contacted about the short trip. Perhaps if he cannot do it then a cousin could?

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
612 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early morning taxi to train station

Thanks Cadiz Lover--

After talking to the nice land lady again, I think maybe I misunderstood her. Sometimes the language barrier is frustrating!

She will call a taxi for us in the morning, and it will be here she is sure. But just in case, I have noted the number you gave, and also located the nearest taxi stand, which is still quite a distance, but it's good to be prepared!

You are always so helpful, Cadiz-Lover--thank you SO MUCH!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,698 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early morning taxi to train station

In my favorite town in Arcos de la Frontera the taxi drivers need the money and will drive anywhere at anytime if the price is right !

I know what it can be like in the morning waiting for that driver to arrive ! Mind you I think the best time of the day in Ronda is dawn. I have happy memories of watching the sun rise. Have a great time in Granada.

5. Re: Early morning taxi to train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 05, 2015