We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using Ronda as a 2-week touring base

camarillo, ca
Level Contributor
111 posts
180 reviews
Save Topic
Using Ronda as a 2-week touring base

We will be coming to Ronda via Granada and renting a little self-catering for the 1st 2 weeks of August. We'll use Ronda as a base, making day trips.

Before I start bugging you Local Experts about every little thing, is there one website or localized guidebook that I can go to first for planning purposes.... so I can THEN bug you endlessly with more questions?

Many thanks.

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
11,116 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Using Ronda as a 2-week touring base

Campsie, what ever excuse it takes me to get over there. Hubie

Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Using Ronda as a 2-week touring base

The Verbena del Tren is the only village fiesta that I have attended where some people actually get drunk, as opposed to getting merry. Nice "drunk" though. None of that brittle, aggressive rubbish.

Edited: 1:26 am, June 21, 2012
Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
3,043 posts
1 review
Save Reply
23. Re: Using Ronda as a 2-week touring base

I'll be on agua sin gas, nominated driver and all that .........

osh
uk
Level Contributor
103 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Using Ronda as a 2-week touring base

miznina.......As mentioned on another topic, you will be staying in a great area so why not visit the beautiful white village of Genalguacil (google to learn more) It will take you about 45 - 50 minutes to reach from Ronda. The bi annual arts festival will take place this year from 1st August through to the 14th August. You will be able to see artists at work in various parts of the village and once completed, their works are left with the community to be placed on open view around the village or placed within the arts museum. The Genal Valley is a fantastic place with beautiful views. Be sure to visit Gaucin where you can eat in any of the lovely restaurants there and take in the views down to the coast which include Gibraltar and the distant mountains in Morocco. Enjor

www.genalguacil.es/ il (

Edited: 3:09 pm, June 21, 2012
camarillo, ca
Level Contributor
111 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Using Ronda as a 2-week touring base

Osh,

Thank you so much! I had just read about this artists' festival in the Cadogan guide and was having no internet success finding 2012 dates... your posting was like the answer to a wish. Looks like we'll have to head down to Genalguacil as soon as we finish getting the Benoajan sangria stains out of our clothes.

PS: I am heartbroken that we will miss the Feria in Malaga. We have to drive back to Madrid on the 11th.

osh
uk
Level Contributor
103 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Using Ronda as a 2-week touring base

Hi Miznina. For all information relating to Genalguacil, have a look at their website www.genalguacil.es ( it has English translation if required)

I have a good friend who is an artist in the village and will be able to provide you with heaps of info. If you are interested, send me a message via TA and I will give you her contact details.

27. Re: Using Ronda as a 2-week touring base

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:46 pm, July 09, 2013