We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stop between Ronda and Seville

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Stop between Ronda and Seville

Hi guys, will spent a couple of weeks in the Andaluzia and have one night between Ronda and Seville. Where should we stop during our drive between Ronda and Seville? Thinking about Arcos de La Frontera or Zahara. Any thoughts? We also have 7 nights based in Seville, any tips on day trips, we have a car.

Many thanks

Cris

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,901 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stop between Ronda and Seville

The options are good and note that you have 7 days in Seville also with car. So unsure whether you will be making another trip south from Seville touring the hills and valleys together with the 'pueblos blancos' that dot the landscape between Ronda and Arcos. If not then I would spend the entire day visiting places like Grazalema and other villages on your way to Arcos de la Frontera. Then you need not return again and can visit other places once you are in Seville. A nice route is to take in Setenil, El Gastor, Grazalema, Zahara de la Sierra via the Puerta de las Palomas, Prado del Rey, El Bosque then Arcos.

Route up to Seville is good on the A-4 motorway that runs from Cadiz to Seville but expect about Euros 6 Toll near Las Cabezas.

You have places to visit from Seville. Have you looked at Cordoba? Maybe you can visit Donana natural park and El Rocio ? Maybe get to the mouth of the river Guadalquivir at Sanlucar de Barrameda ? Go to Jerez? Visit El Puerto de Santa Maria and take the ferry catamaran over to Cadiz for the day.

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
10,807 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stop between Ronda and Seville

Can not argue with Cadiz_lover, he knows that area like the back of his hand. You are going to love Ronda at night, so beautiful with all the lights, and most of the tourists will be gone on the many buses that come into the area. Yes, don't miss Grazalema, not a big town, it is just shear beauty to look at.

Day trips from Seville for me would be Cordoba, Carmona and try not to miss Old Town Cadiz, good luck and have fun. Hubie

Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stop between Ronda and Seville

"Thinking about Arcos de La Frontera or Zahara. Any thoughts?"

You have chosen two very different locations. What exactly are you looking for?

"Where should we stop during our drive between Ronda and Seville?"

How far from Ronda do you envisage staying? I live in one of those white villages between Ronda and Arcos (see my profile) but it is much closer to Ronda than it is to Arcos. It is only a 2-hour drive from Ronda to Seville but you have many options.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stop between Ronda and Seville

Hi guys, thanks for your suggestions we are really excited with our trip to the Andalucia.

We are traveling with our two year old son so we will have a slow pace.

We are going to spend 4 nights in Granada, 2 in Ronda, 1 in Arcos and 7 in Seville. Exploring the region and doing day trips from where we will be.

We may do go to Cadiz from Seville and spend the night there and back the following day. We are looking to a beautiful andalucian experience, good food, great scenery and not too crowded.

Many thanks

Cris

Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stop between Ronda and Seville

"We are looking to a beautiful andalucian experience, good food, great scenery and not too crowded."

Which month are we talking about? It could be crucial if you want to avoid crowds in Arcos, for example.

On the other hand, you might appreciate a couple of nights at the Molino del Santo if good food is a priority. It really is a gem of a rural hotel-restaurant and is located just outside Ronda on the Seville side of town. The restaurant is unparalleled for miles around. Your 2-year old will love the fuss they make of children there.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/es/molino-del-santo.en-us.html?sid=97052faa8348ad22a9bf4f2e04cb6b0a;dcid=1;srfid=df787f3508939bce13f16e197dbc547dX2

P.S. I suspect that once you see the traffic in Seville, you will not be using your car very often. If I were you I would save yourselves a pile of money and hand the car in as soon as you get to Seville. Even just to park the car will cost you anything between €14 and €24 a night anywhere in central Seville. Trains and buses are very cheap in Andalucía, and a lot less stressful than driving.

Edited: 7:39 am, May 02, 2012
Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stop between Ronda and Seville

Molino del Santo website. http://www.molinodelsanto.com/

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,901 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stop between Ronda and Seville

Maybe it is too late to change plans and depending on time of year but why not continue down to Cadiz after Arcos ? It means you can see more of the beautiful Cadiz coastline. But you do not say what month you are visiting. Seville is great if you can afford the time to stay a few days. Have a chance to see more and pace your visits. For example spending an entire morning or afternoon at the Real Alcazar with time to see the gardens and then there is the Maria Luisa park adjoining the Plaza de Espana.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stop between Ronda and Seville

Sorry guys, I should have said. We are traveling in a couple of weeks, leaving NZ on the 21st May (coming back 19th June)

we are definitely considering spending a night in Cadiz even though our accommodation is all booked and paid, and yes we will return the car as soon as we get to Seville, may rent just for the day if needed.

Thanks for the tip of Molino del Santo!

Cheers

Cris

London, England
Level Contributor
1,462 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stop between Ronda and Seville

We too usually fly, rent and drive, but a few years ago, we really enjoyed using Seville both as a destination itself and as a base for a series of trips by public transport. Very easy as it's the hub for the whole region, and more enjoyable as I usually have to concentrate on driving but this way, got to look at the scenery en-route . We went to Cadiz in the south by rail, and by bus to Aracena nearer the Portuguese border, for walks in the cork-oak 'dehesa', and to Ronda, which as everyone says is even more magical when the tour-busues depart. Maybe less easy with a 2-year old but still massive potential for side trips.

Nyc
Level Contributor
47 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stop between Ronda and Seville

How do you get a catamaran to Cadiz! I will be there in 2 weeks, that sounds perfect!

Can I do a one day tour of Donana from Sevilla?

And a one day tour of arecena mtns also from Sevilla?

Teens who love nature and adventure and water sports w me ...