We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disabled parking in Ronda

Coventry
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Disabled parking in Ronda

Does anyone know if there is any disabled parking in Ronda? Also are the regulations similar to the UK?

Thanks.

Coventry
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Disabled parking in Ronda

Looked at images of both. Have never seen European bee eater before - perhaps this will be the first time. Looks like we've picked a good time to visit!

Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Disabled parking in Ronda

It really is an exciting time of the year because we are slap-bang on the bird migratory path as they cross from the Straits of Gibraltar on their way to other parts of Spain and Europe. Now, of course, is the migratory season.

The Black Kites have now stopped for a rest just outside Montejaque before they move on. They are not resident around here.

On the other hand, we usually have a nesting colony of Bee-eaters just outside Montejaque. (Ethics prevents me from saying exactly where in public.) Eva has just been to check - she needs to know for her customers - but they have not yet taken up residence. That should happen any day now.

Even if you only have just a passing interest in wild birds, you will have a great time here.

Edited: 11:09 am, April 01, 2012
Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Disabled parking in Ronda

In my opinion, the best way from the airport to the Molino del Santo is probably not the most obvious way.

The route-planning websites usually tell you to drive along the toll road to San Pedro and then take the A-397 to Ronda. The trouble with that route is that the A-397 winds its way uphill for maybe 30 miles and has few places for overtaking. Result: lots of impatient drivers taking silly risks.

This is the way I go when I go to the airport to collect friends. It is the way everyone I know uses who lives around here. It takes about the same amount of time as the A-397 route but it is much quieter, and very scenic once you get out of the Málaga outskirts.

It may look a bit complicated. However, most of the way the route follows just three roads: A-357, A-367, A-374.

> As you leave the airport, follow the signs to Málaga.

> Within a minute you are on:

E-15/A-7 towards ANTEQUERA, SEVILLA, GRANADA, MOTRIL

> After 4 kms or so, leave the A-7 at the A-357 exit heading towards CÁRTAMA and PARQUE TECNOLOGICO.

Take care here. It´s easy to end up in the wrong lane.

> Pass Cártama. Stay on A-357 towards CAMPILLOS

> Take A-367 towards RONDA

> Pass through Cuevas del Becerro.

> At Ronda ring road, take A-374 SEVILLA

(This is where you pick up the route taken by the A-397)

> Just after leaving Ronda you drive through a long dangerous bend (“Curva Muy Peligrosa”)

> 800 metres after that bend, IGNORE the turning to the left marked MA8403 Benaoján/Montejaque. That road is in very bad condition late on.

> Continue along A-374 SEVILLA for about 15 kms.

> Turn left onto MA-8403 MONTEJAQUE & BENAOJAN (at Venta La Vega)

> At crossroads at entrance to Montejaque, left towards Benaoján/Ronda

> When you get to Benaoján (1 mile), drive along the tree-divided avenue to Unicaja (bank) where you take the left-hand fork.

> Drive down that hill for about half-a-mile to the right-hand turn to the Molino del Santo. From there, just follow the signs to the hotel.

Edited: 11:50 am, April 03, 2012
Coventry
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Disabled parking in Ronda

Thank you very much for the directions. I have just printed them and we will follow them. The more help I can get with navigating the better!

Montejaque, Spain
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Disabled parking in Ronda

You´re welcome. See you on Saturday. Looking forward to it already.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Disabled parking in Ronda

What was the answer on disabled parking in Ronda? I am taking my elderly parents for a day, the weekend after next. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,274 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Disabled parking in Ronda

Disabled parking is only permitted in designated spaces, which in my experience are frequently taken. Unlike in the UK it is not permitted to park anywhere else, (e.g. single yellow lines).

I do not know how many of the disabled spaces there are in Ronda, but in some towns they are very infrequent.

28. Re: Disabled parking in Ronda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 11, 2013