We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Nights in Ronda or 1 night Antequera + 1 night Ronda??

Which Ronda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
2 Nights in Ronda or 1 night Antequera + 1 night Ronda??

Have booked one night in Antequera on way from Granada.

Thought we might be able to see the famingoes and one night in Ronda. Has anyone been out to see the flamingoes? Is Antequera worth a visit?

But after reading about Grazelema and Zahara am wondering if we should skip Antequera and spend two nights in Ronda??

We could rent a car and see Grazelema and Zahar or maybe do a bus trip each day.

Can anyone who has been to these places please give me some advice??? We fly out from Malaga and have one night there.

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
3,890 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Nights in Ronda or 1 night Antequera + 1 night Ronda??

We have been to both Grazalema and Ronda. Both are lovely but we much preferred Grazalema. Ronda was well worth a visit but was full of bus tours and tourists. Grazalema is far less touristy. It depends on what you are looking for. If it were me, I would stay for two nights in Grazalema and visit Ronda and Zahara from there. We stayed here and thought it was great:

http://www.lamejorana.net/ingles/index2.html

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
10,704 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Nights in Ronda or 1 night Antequera + 1 night Ronda??

I agree with B&PT, if you can get a car, you will have a ball in Grazalema and Ronda. You can see many white towns, not just one or two. To me Grazalema is one of the prettiest towns ANYWHERE, you won't find much better. If you can't get a car, there is a great bus system in the Ronda and white towns area, good luck and have fun. Hubie

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,793 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 Nights in Ronda or 1 night Antequera + 1 night Ronda??

Antequera is well worth a nights stay. Although the outskirts are pretty ugly industrial estates, the old town is fascinating and views spectacular. Also none of the many coach tour crowds you find in Ronda .

I know you have already booked your accommodation at Antequera but, for people thinking of visiting, the Finca Eslava is lovely for an overnight stay - much nicer than the Parador IMO.

Edited: 2:15 am, February 09, 2012
4. Re: 2 Nights in Ronda or 1 night Antequera + 1 night Ronda??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:34 am, May 05, 2013