We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ronda over christmas

Which Ronda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
ronda over christmas

we will be driving from seville to ronda on Dec 24th. we will spend the 24th, 25th and leave the 26 in the morning to malaga.

What should we do in ronda during the 24th and 25th? is anything open? restaurants?

travelling with kids 16,14,10.

thank you

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
10,643 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ronda over christmas

You should find a couple of restaurants in the new part of town open Christmas day, and one or two in the old part of town, as well. Might only be tapas bars but will have other food on hand. I would not wait to late, my guess they will close early. As far as what to do look on the right side of this page and see what is open during that time. Good luck and have fun. Hubie

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,782 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ronda over christmas

Christmas is low key here as the Spanish mainly celebrate at New Year and 3 Kings (6 January).

However, the 24th (Christmas Eve) is the main family night of the holiday so shops and restaurants close around 2 p.m. so you will probably need to eat at your hotel that night.

Restaurants are open on the 25th (Christmas Day) but all teh best get booked up well in advance so it may be worth making a booking somewhere before you arrive.

The 26th is generally a normal working day in Spain BUT, with Christmas Day falling on a Sunday this year, the 26th is a holiday too so shops, museums etc. will be closed.

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ronda over christmas

thank you, this is very usefull information.

could you tell me about the weather over xmas?

Treasure Island...
Destination Expert
for Ronda
Level Contributor
10,643 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ronda over christmas

Cold, maybe snow, dress to handle the cold. Here is a good weather site. Hubie

www.weatherbase.com

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,734 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ronda over christmas

Ronda can be lovely in winter but allow for cold nights but when the sun shines it is really pleasant and good weather for sightseeing or walking if you that way inclined ! I look at Spanish weather met office forecasts which operate one week ahead that give temperatures and rain predictions. Most unlikely you get snow but may happen of course. This is the Ronda local forecast :

aemet.es/en/…ronda-id29084

if the weather is good and you feel like 'stretching your legs' and can head out of Ronda to visit the Caves of Piletas :

cuevadelapileta.org/textos_archivos/situacio…

I was there recently and enjoyed the experience. The actual visit lasts about one hour but does require some walking up steps and through caverns and occasional tighter spaces but for a person of average fitness it is fine. Bit difficult to predict how many people will try to make the tour on any particular day but certainly at weekends and holidays expect more. So consider finding the cave and the guide on duty near the cave entrance early. This is the routing:

http://g.co/maps/9cqq6

Or in the same direcion you can always take the train from Ronda down to Benaojan - Montejaque station which is only a 20 minutes ride and walk down to Jimera through the valley and enjoy some lunch or do the reverse and go to Jimera and walk back to Benaojan. Plenty of permutations either with car or without.!

this may help : greenguidespain.com/andalucia/…

I don't know if this place is open but you can check before but it serves some nice food and is at the Ronda end of Benaojan station platform in what was once an old railway shed:

http://www.asadorelmuelle.com/

Malaga
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ronda over christmas

Try molino del puente just outside Ronda. Good atmosphere, great hosts, very good food. I am a Ronda resident and have been several years.

This is a hotel so it is always open.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,318 posts
3,494 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ronda over christmas

maximax:

You can walk around the town before Christmas and ask any restaurant you like if they will be open on Christmas Day. I am sure the Parador's restaurant will be open.

8. Re: ronda over christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, December 17, 2013