We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Having trouble reserving a car in Ronda!!!

salt lake city
Level Contributor
125 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Having trouble reserving a car in Ronda!!!

I want to rent a car in Ronda for one day for my family of 4. I e-mailed Rent a car Velasco and have not gotten a response. I wrote to the Parador where we are staying for 2 nights for their help and they said to try Rent a car Ronda, it's better than Velasco they said. I e-mailed AND called twice ,but noone speaks english there and they haven't responded to my e-mail!!

Do you think we would be safe in just walking in on the day we want to rent (July 18th) and hope they have a car for rent?

What else should I do? We are leaving the States on the 10th for Spain.

Ronda, Spain
Level Contributor
31 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Having trouble reserving a car in Ronda!!!

No worries. Walk-up service is generally fine in Ronda. Alternatively, the Ronda Parador hotel can can reserve a car for you AFTER you check-in. Keep in mind, most travelers rent cars at the Malaga airport, before driving up to Ronda (e.g. Carjet is a good choice).

salt lake city
Level Contributor
125 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Having trouble reserving a car in Ronda!!!

Thank you. Which company do you think is best to go with? Velasco or Ronda-Ford. Velasco is closer to the Parador, but they suggested Autos Rondisa which is the same as Rent a car Ronda(Ford).

Ronda, Spain
Level Contributor
31 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Having trouble reserving a car in Ronda!!!

Ronda Ford. Ask the parador to arrange pick-up and drop-off at hotel. May cost you 20 euros or something.

salt lake city
Level Contributor
125 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Having trouble reserving a car in Ronda!!!

Thank you! I will talk to them when we check in.

5. Re: Having trouble reserving a car in Ronda!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:29 am, January 03, 2010