We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Malaga to Ronda

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Train Malaga to Ronda

We are going to Ronda for a few days on Monday. We are thinking of taking the train. I heard that it is not direct. However, I looked at the schedule on the Renfe site, and it appears that is does go direct (the difficulty is that while the page is in English, alot of the supporting info is still in Spanish, so i can't be sure).

Thanks for any info!

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
65,716 posts
3,733 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Malaga to Ronda

I looked at the train schedule and it seems to be direct because the train is called Express. The only bad thing I see is that there is only one train scheduled during the day.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Malaga to Ronda

Thanks Benny - yes, I only saw one as well. As we are landing at 16:50, I am not sure we will be able to manage to catch it - we have about 2 hours to get bags, get into Malaga and catch the train. Is that possible do you think?

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Train Malaga to Ronda

Hi Enfant.. hope you don't mind me butting in just in case Benny doesn't get back any time soon :D

If you are departing from Malaga train station then two hours should be plenty of time as it is very near the airport. You should clear customs in around half an hour then your transfer to the station. I guess if you don't make it then you can always get the other one with the one change, but you should be fine. Let's hope you aren't delayed!! :D

CB

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train Malaga to Ronda

Great - thanks for that. WE are a little worried about delays, but as you say, we can take the later train with a change if we miss the direct one.

I am guessing that a taxi is our best bet into town, as some seem to think the bus isn't so reliable when time is tight.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Train Malaga to Ronda

Yeep, i would grab a taxi, right outside the building and easier than faffing around with buses and it won't break the bank either :D

CB

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train Malaga to Ronda

Cheers CB - sounds good.

Now all I need to do is figure out where the best places are to try some sherry!

7. Re: Train Malaga to Ronda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:32 am, October 10, 2009