We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which airport closest/fastest by car, from Ronda?

Which Ronda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
2,432 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Which airport closest/fastest by car, from Ronda?

We want to stay the night in Ronda but have to fly to Barcelona the next morning (a Monday). Which airport, Jerez or Marbella would be the easiest and fastest to drive to from Ronda, and what would be the best route? Thanks for any help!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,080 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which airport closest/fastest by car, from Ronda?

There is no airport in Marbella, but Malaga city. And this would be the more convenient for you.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
2,432 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which airport closest/fastest by car, from Ronda?

Woops! I knew that but just mixed the two cities up when I posted. I had originally thought there was an airport in Marbella.

Do you know about how long it would take to drive from Ronda to Malaga's airport?

Thanks for your help.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,080 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which airport closest/fastest by car, from Ronda?

Hi,

Around one hour and a half. The best you can do is going to the south until San Pedro de Alcantara. This will take 50 minutes. Allow another 40-50 minutes to get from San Pedro to the airport using the AP-7 toll highway, depending on traffic conditions.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
2,432 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which airport closest/fastest by car, from Ronda?

Thanks so much, MacPollo!

Ronda, Spain
Level Contributor
31 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which airport closest/fastest by car, from Ronda?

Jerez is great alternative to Malaga airport

You can travel faster from Jerez to Ronda than Malaga to Ronda. The traffic near Malaga airport is lousy and the roads to and from Ronda are not well-marked. In contrast, the smaller Jerez airport is much easier to get in and out. And the road to Ronda is a well-marked, straight-shot with light traffic.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,973 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which airport closest/fastest by car, from Ronda?

I have done both journeys - Ronda to Jerez or Malaga airports. They both take about the same time although my hunch would be that Malaga airport is closer. Certainly the route to either is vastly different. The one to Malaga airport of course means going down the winding road to the coast then the coastal motorway to the airport. That is unless you take the inland route passing near Ardales and taking the back road via Donana A-7052. But this is complicated unless you are a good map reader !

The route from Ronda to Jerez airport is very nice but only motorway or rather dual carriageway near Arcos to outside Jerez. But scenic as you pass through 'pueblos blancos' country !

7. Re: Which airport closest/fastest by car, from Ronda?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:32 am, November 18, 2009