We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to integrate Ronda in our tour of Andalucia?

Haarlem
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
How to integrate Ronda in our tour of Andalucia?

Hello all,

We are visiting Andalucia for two weeks in June '09. We arrive in Seville and intend to visit Granada and Cordoba before settling in Mijas for a wedding.

We'd like to visit Ronda too and spend a night there but are debating at which point of the trip this would most practical. Important point: we will using public transport.

What would be best? Going to Ronda from Seville, Granada or from Mijas?

All advice appreciated.

Regards, Marja

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
20,211 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to integrate Ronda in our tour of Andalucia?

I would be tempted to get to Seville or Granada first depending on your inward transport, then get to Cordoba. Now Cordoba is a lovely place but really has just the Cathedral / Mezquita beautiful building as its centrepiece and you may feel like just spending the entire day in Cordoba before moving on. Its quite possible to do a morning train from Seville then return later - plenty of fast trains - the AVANT is cheaper than the AVE and just as fast.

Crossing from Seville to Granada can be done by train or bus in about 3 hours.

Getting to Ronda from either Seville or Granada is quite possible.

From Seville you take a bus from Prado de San Sebastian station.

From Granada you take the train that finishes at Algeciras on the coast.

Either way is nice.

Ronda to Mijas will probably involve getting a bus to Torremolinos then a local bus up to Mijas.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
103 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to integrate Ronda in our tour of Andalucia?

I can't comment on which point would be the most practical, since I haven't been to Granada or Cordoba, but I can say that getting from Ronda to Sevilla is easy/fast. We took the bus from Ronda to Sevilla and it took 2 hours, and was a very scenic drive. Think it was around 10 Euros. Los Amarillos was the bus operator: http://www.losamarillos.es/. Los Amarillos does the return trip as well (from Sevilla to Ronda). Although Ronda is a smaller town, and probably has less travel options, you can definitely get to Granada or Cordoba from there. Not sure about Mijas though. And I think the Granada to Ronda trip is quite long. Email the Ronda tourism, I found them quite helpful in answering my questions: http://www.turismoderonda.es/indexeng.htm

I wouldn't miss Ronda though!

Good luck!

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,779 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to integrate Ronda in our tour of Andalucia?

As you are arriving in Seville you can make it a transport hub. The AVE to Cordoba takes about an hour. There is much more to see than the mezquita but everything is close by. There is the Moorish palace, the Baths and the Roman Bridge. The old Jewish quarter is worth a stroll round and in the middle is an amazing square which is as real as Spain gets. Beautiful architecture and lived in so that it is like a small village. You could even spend a night and go to Medina Azahara. Ronda by contrast has the bridge, some fabulous views and not a lot else. The Bullring perhaps, a Moorish palace (more a big house) and a nice square. You can do it in a few hours, A more worthwhile day trip would be to Cadiz (use you night's stay in Ronda here) or to Jerez. If pushed Ronda can even be done by getting a bus on your way to Mijas, stopping off for a couple of hours and catching a later bus onwards.

Granada can be done from Mijas, either on an organised trip from Fuengirola or by public transport. Bus to Fuengirola(15 mins), train to Malaga(50 mins) and bus to Granada (hour and three quarters). Depends on what you want to see in Granada but an overnight would be rewarding if you have more than the Alhambra on your list.

My main point is that Ronda is nice but definitely in the second division.

4. Re: How to integrate Ronda in our tour of Andalucia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, October 19, 2009