We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Recommendations, Please!

Yorba Linda...
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant Recommendations, Please!

We are leaving for Peru in about 5 weeks, and I have planned an exciting trip thanks to all the tips I have read in these forums. The last thing I would like, gathered in one place for my convenience, are restaurant recommendations in Cusco, the Sacred Valley, and Aguas Calientes. I would welcome suggestions of anywhere you've eaten that is delicious, fun or a unique experience in these places. Thank you!

Australia
Level Contributor
89 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Restaurant Recommendations, Please!

Try The Muse in Cusco. It's at the top of the fountain in San Blas area. They have a great Tourist menu that recently was only 15 solas between 12 and 4 and then 20 solas after that. We went there several times, it was so good.

lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Restaurant Recommendations, Please!

Thanks for all of the great tips.

How about MP -- anybody eat at either of the places at the Hotel at the Gate there. I hear that they have a buffet place and a separate dining room -- is that right? Any suggestions for which one to eat at, and maybe a suggestion as to what to order???

Thanks for all of this =-- it makes it great to travel.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
4,238 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Restaurant Recommendations, Please!

You will find that both the Sanctuary lodge and the café outside the entrance to Machu Picchu are a bit pricey. I prefer to take a snack lunch up; you can by one in Aguas Calientes, or pick up a few things in a market and make your own.

lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Restaurant Recommendations, Please!

Thanks Lyle - a bit pricy is probably an understatement. But, as the man said :In for a penny, in for a pound." We are sleeping there for two nights, so we might as well make a full plunge. We'll probably duck down into AG for one of the evening meals (suggestions would be welcome....) but otherwise, it seemed to us that we might as well just do the deed and stay at the Lodge.

Thanks for all you help.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
4,238 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Restaurant Recommendations, Please!

Yes since you are staying there anyway, you might as well. For dining in AC we found some good, reasonably priced places along the river, heading towards the hot springs. There were several that had S/.10 - S/.15 Soles menus

16. Re: Restaurant Recommendations, Please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 27, 2014