We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any suggestion about where to stay in Amazonas?

Fremont, California
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Any suggestion about where to stay in Amazonas?

I plan to visit Peru Amazonas this Christmas, I know it is not the best season to visit but this is the only available time that I have 10 days vacations. I am looking for the accommodation in Amazonas, my friends mention Refugio Amazonas, Posada Amazonas and Wasai Tembopata, does anyone any experience on the above lodge?

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,251 posts
477 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any suggestion about where to stay in Amazonas?

When you say Peru Amazonas do you mean the region or the department of Amazonas ?

The Amazonas region can be visited from Iquitos or even Puerto Maldonado and Tambopata areas.

Fremont, California
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any suggestion about where to stay in Amazonas?

I will enter from Puerto Maldonado.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,251 posts
477 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any suggestion about where to stay in Amazonas?

If you can afford it, stay at the Inkaterra. If not, choose one of the Wasai lodges

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any suggestion about where to stay in Amazonas?

Refugio Amazonas and Posada Amazonas are owned by Rainforest Expeditions (www.perunature.com), they also own the Tambopata Research Center (TRC) lodge. My research showed Tambopata to be the most remote of the Puerto Maldonado area lodges.

I did the 7n/6d Tambopata tour this past May. I ended up spending 3 nights at Refugio and 3 nights at TRC. Refugio is newer, larger, and overall nicer, TRC has a great vibe - maybe because it is so remote.

The rooms, food, and service at both are very good. Our guide was excellent.

I highly recommend Rainforest Expeditions.

Fremont, California
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Any suggestion about where to stay in Amazonas?

Thanks you for the comment. I may go for Refugio Amazonas base on the information I collect so far.

Fremont, California
Level Contributor
22 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any suggestion about where to stay in Amazonas?

Is it worth going to the jungle in December with the risk of getting rained out. Also what about the Refugio Amazonas

PA
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any suggestion about where to stay in Amazonas?

Just returned and spent time in the Inkaterra Reserva-Amazonica... I would highly recommend them. Excellent staff, excellent food and excellent lodging. They treat you very well and their excursions are amazing.

Adelaide
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Any suggestion about where to stay in Amazonas?

When I visited the Tambopata I stayed at Refugio Amazonas. It was great, there was lots of wildlife to see in the surrounding forest and river and the lodge was really good. I was there in July however, so not sure what it is like in Dec. I have a page with pics and video taken at the lodge.

www.squidoo.com/the-amazon-rainforest-in-peru

9. Re: Any suggestion about where to stay in Amazonas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 19, 2014