We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

easter week

maine
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
easter week

How much busier is a holiday week ? Beaches, hotels?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: easter week

holidays are all busy is RINCON. however you will find the numbers of people that you would find in let's say FLORIDA . still your bast best would be to make early reservations early for stays around the holidays.

here are some great RINCON WEBSITES

www.rincon.org

www.rinconpr.com

www.rincon-hangout.com (surfing site)

happy planning,

doda

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: easter week

correction:

you will NOT find the number of people that you would in let's say FLORIDA.........

SORRY,

doda

United States
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: easter week

I would say that even at the height of the season you will not find what you might think of as crowds in Rincon. The beaches will still be uncrowded. The hotels, maybe...but there are so many options for lodging. Check out rinconpr.com, www.rincon.org, or just Google rincon puerto rico vacation rentals. Don't worry, you'll love it!

Christine

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
364 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: easter week

Easter weekend in the west part of the island (Porta del Sol) is over-crowded with locals, specially Cabo Rojo Beaches. If traveling to the west during that week, you need to make reservations several months before you trip, specially for hotels located near the beach.

Virginia
Level Contributor
386 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: easter week

Not to hijack this post, but what about easter week in San Juan? We are staying at the Caribe Hilton for Easter week and should we make our snorkel trip and some restaurant reservations months prior?

Thanks

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: easter week

yes....always make reservations as soon as possible for restaurants and excursions when you are going to be here close to the/any holidays !

happy and safe travels,

doda

New York NY
Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: easter week

Easter week in Rincon is fun because it is a great mix of Puerto Ricans and Continentals (as folks from the mainland are called). It will be crowded for Rincon standards, which for the rest of us is just a nice feel of busy-ness. However, just remember that local places tend to have shorter hours during Easter week (like local PR restaurants). Tourist places are always open. Consider renting an apartment. I strongly recommend casa de playa por fin..superb beachside location (as in the property is directly on the beach) just 4 units; or Villa Ensenada; also 4 units. These two properties are on one of the best as least crowded stretches of beach in the Puntas area of Rincon (Steps and Maria's beaches; as far as I am concerned, the best area to stay) and still within quick distance of restaurants etc. I have stayed at both properties in March and it was pure pure paradise. Will be going back again this year for third year in a row. Eeeks..better get my reservation in before you do!

rincon,p.r.
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: easter week

If thinking about Rincon for Easter i strongly suggest you make your reservations now as most properties are fully booked at least 6 months ahead of time. you might check out the folks at PRWest Real Estate & Vacation rentals, their service is excellent!! www.prwest.com, or check out island West Real Estate for rentals, not too sure of their website but they also have an excellent following and good name in Rincon.

9. Re: easter week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, August 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Rincon