We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eatin' in Rincon on a Budget

Which Rincon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Level Contributor
116 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Eatin' in Rincon on a Budget

My husband and I will be visiting Rincon next month and would like recommendations on where to eat. We are looking for nice mom and pop spots on the beach that serve dinner or lunch. We would like something very economical but also romantic. Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
314 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Eatin' in Rincon on a Budget

There have been some great food suggestions, here's a few more of our favorites, especially when we are budget concsious...

Sunday Traditional Pig Roast at Shipwreck, next to Taino Divers,includes rice and beans, usually a plantain dish, salad, sometimes they have pasteles too, $12-14 dollars per person,good value we have payed much more for this meal at other places, my husband is usally the first one there Sundays, and thinks it's so good he picks up to go and carries this Puerto Rican traditional dish to his 85 year old parents in Ponce.

My kids favoite empanadilla's ($1.50) are at Patio Familia, a little kiosk on 115 with great Pina Colada's, cold beer, always fresh, anything from carne, to pollo to langusto or pizza! They usually order sulitto's as well, little fried cornsticks, and appetizers of fried cheese, pork and dorado, all very indigenous Puerto Rican Food.

RIncon Tropical Gourmet has great local food, my favorite Shrimp in garlic sauce, and the whole fried snapper in criollo sauce is a locals favorite at RIncon Tropical.

Villa Confressi has what I consider a very reasonable menu, and their criollo dishes are consistently fresh and good.

Pool's can be so much fun, and is a great buy, for pincho's good rice and beans and a nice salad, it's one of our favorite hangouts, only open weekends.

A new smokehouse is opening this season at the old Cowabonga's, we've been to tastings it's going to be a hit and cheap.

If you can save for a special nite it's hard to choose, Smiling Joe's was great this year, the Spot is always a favorite, Shipwreck , yum, Casa Islena beautiful setting, Club Bonnaccord is very groovie. Expect everything to be open again by the fist week in November, enjoy. Buen Provecho!

maine
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Eatin' in Rincon on a Budget

Antonjos is very good and reasonable, Puerto Rican delicacies and a cold Medalla or Corona Muy Bueno Ps. We went to Bambinos twice, not the next time slow service

United States
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Eatin' in Rincon on a Budget

And don't forget El Nuevo Flamboyan, friendly service, good local criollo food, reasonable prices too.

Christine

Cedar Rdige,Ca USA
Level Contributor
15 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Eatin' in Rincon on a Budget

Be aware alot of restuarants are closed for Oct- Shipwreck is being

remodeled, Lazy Parrot is closed, The Spot is closed- we just returned.

The Taino Int'l Cafe is good for breakfast and resonable and have WiFi

The Rock Bottom has cheap burgers-there is a small Pizza stand

at the end of Calle 11(south end of town turn right at the Texaco) that has cheap pizza& beer right on the beach- Puntas bakery is cheap and has great food - hope you have a great trip! The people there are all very friendly!

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
314 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Eatin' in Rincon on a Budget

News Flash... Smiling Joe's at the Lazy Parrot reopened this week, excellent new menu! We had guests who own a restaurant in NY and were very impressed with Smiling Joe's... Shipwreck opens tomarrow ,Thursday Oct. 26th, Casa Islena is open, Pool's Bar, Calypso, Tamboo, Villa Confressi, in addition to all the local favorites Buen Provecho!

Hempstead, NY
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Eatin' in Rincon on a Budget

I love the Shipwreck Restaurant! I can't wait to get back to Rincon during the holidays for some great food. Go there you'll enjoy it.

17. Re: Eatin' in Rincon on a Budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, August 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Rincon