We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cabo rojo vs rincon vs isabela

upstate, ny
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cabo rojo vs rincon vs isabela

still haven't made this difficult decision! Seems as though if we stay in rincon we would be centrally located to take day trips to cabo rojo and isabela! Can someone give a ball park of drive time to each from rincon? Thank you!!!!!!

boston
Level Contributor
564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: cabo rojo vs rincon vs isabela

You can easily get to Isabella and Cabo Rojo from Rincon. We meandered south to Cabo Rojo, stopping here and there for snacks and beer and generally avoiding the highway and it took us only an hour. Make a few stops on the way there and on the way back. Same with Isabella, although that it even closer. Check our Aguadilla as well. I love this side of the island and hope you will too!

upstate, ny
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: cabo rojo vs rincon vs isabela

I have read a hundred blogs and decided rincon might not be for us, we love the pristine white sandy beaches with turquiose calm waters for snorkeling and surf fishing....sooooo we have narrowed it down to isabela, aquadilla and cabo rojo. Cabo rojo looks amazing but is there a scene away from the beautiful beaches...restaurants, dive and beach shops, bars/pubs? It is all so confusing, my husband keeps saying lets go back to vieques but I have wanted to see and experience the west coast for years now and really don't want to deal with the headache of getting to vieques this year. so that being said, I guess I am seeking the opinions of others who have traveled the west and where the best beaches and social scene is amongst cabo rojo isabela and aquadilla. Keep the postings coming and thank you all who are helping me to make this decision!

Framingham...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cabo rojo vs rincon vs isabela

We were on the West Coast in February. We stayed in Rincon and travelled down to Cabo Rojo. We loved both.

We were not in Cabo Rojo at night, but passed through Boqueron in the heat of the day, midweek. It seems like it would really be happening on weekend evenings with plenty of restaurants, bars and street scene.

In the Cabo Rojo area we loved the lighthouse and the glorious beach. We also did some birding on a reserve in the area.

We plan to stay in the Cabo Rojo area next time so we can explore the South coast more also.

But Rincon was fantastic!

Framingham...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cabo rojo vs rincon vs isabela

We were on the West Coast in February. We stayed in Rincon and travelled down to Cabo Rojo. We loved both.

We were not in Cabo Rojo at night, but passed through Boqueron in the heat of the day, midweek. It seems like it would really be happening on weekend evenings with plenty of restaurants, bars and street scene.

In the Cabo Rojo area we loved the lighthouse and the glorious beach. We also did some birding on a reserve in the area.

We plan to stay in the Cabo Rojo area next time so we can explore the South coast more also.

But Rincon was fantastic!

Peterborough, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cabo rojo vs rincon vs isabela

Did you find the surf too much for swimming and snorkeling in Rincon? I have read that after March it's much better for that and since you went in Feb it would be good to hear your perspective.

Thanks,

Worcester...
Level Contributor
351 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cabo rojo vs rincon vs isabela

Vieques is very different for the west cost of Puerto Rico, both in terms of beaches and "to dos". What did you enjoy or not enjoy about Vieques and maybe I can give you some advice. We vacation in Vieques, but visit family in Aguadilla, Moca and Aguada.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cabo rojo vs rincon vs isabela

Rincon has tourist amenities and is a tourist destination ,as Aguadilla, Cabo Rojo are not. You can always drive down there. If you do not speak Spanish, you need to be in Rincon which is where most expats have homes and vacation.

8. Re: cabo rojo vs rincon vs isabela

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, January 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Rincon