We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Y Playa / Corcega questions

Pacifica, California
Level Contributor
50 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Sol Y Playa / Corcega questions

Hello. We're staying at an apartment in Sol Y Playa in a few weeks. I am trying to find it on a map, but no website lists it's address. Can anyone provide me with its location and cross-street?

I am also wondering:

1) how is cellular reception for AT&T around Corcega?

2) is the beach good for stand-up paddleboarding?

3) can anyone recommend a place to rent a SUP?

4) can I walk from my apartment to a cafe for morning coffee, or perhaps breakfast?

If you can answer any of these, thank you!

Hollis, NH
Level Contributor
340 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol Y Playa / Corcega questions

I think we know where this is.....as you leave the center of Rincon on 115 going south, after 1-2 miles you will come to a large baseball stadium on your right, take the immediate right after this. Then take your first left and I think the condo is down that road, not sure exactly which one it is, there are a few down there. Regarding your other questions:

1. AT&T service is excellent around Corcega, I had 4 bars on my iphone last week.

2. Corcega is perfect for SUP, but there are no waves there if that's what you want. It's a more sheltered sandy beach with quiet water....so if you want flat water for your SUP, you will be very happy.

3. There are a few places, but we like Mar Azul surf shop on Rt. 413. This would be about 1 mile from Maria's beach heading towards the east. Bobby is the owner and he has very high quality boards there.

4. You need to drive for a coffee from Corcega. In fact, you really need to drive for most anything in Rincon, its spread out a bit but a great surf destination. Our favorite spot for cappuccino is Banana Dang up on Rt. 413, not far from Mar Azul.

best of luck!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol Y Playa / Corcega questions

We are currently staying in Sol Y Playa and surfnh is correct on its location. Follow his directions as above. The road you are looking for is 429 (off of the 115). The condo is not too far after you make the left turn.

Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sol Y Playa / Corcega questions

caribbeanbusinesspr.com/magman/…index.html

Pacifica, California
Level Contributor
50 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sol Y Playa / Corcega questions

Thank you all for your replies! Looking forward to a great trip. - Myles

5. Re: Sol Y Playa / Corcega questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:32 am, May 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Rincon