We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rincon in feb

Forked River, New...
Level Contributor
85 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Rincon in feb

Hello - we are planning a 4 day stay in rincon in feb - after reading posts i'm wondering if someone can suggest a place to stay outside of the busy party area, yet still "on the beach" or as close to it as possible. I want to be near some action, but in the middle of it. I was considering the tamboo, casa islena - those types of places. no major resorts, i prefer an inn or b&b type. getting worried on reviews i have read about alot of "dumps". We are not surfers, just looking to get away to the beach for a few days - can anyone suggest another area in pr? where are the best beaches? we will be flying into san juan and renting a car.

thanks for your help

New York
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rincon in feb

If you are looking for a B&B, then Blue Boy Inn is the place. Marc is an excellent host and the place is immaculate. It is in a great location for both going into town or heading over to tamboo for some drinks and a swim.

www.blueboyinn.com

Forked River, New...
Level Contributor
85 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rincon in feb

i checked out the blue boy inn website, and it looks great - dont know if its available - sent email - any other places like this you can recommend?

Mississauga
Level Contributor
333 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rincon in feb

We are going to La Rosa Inglesa, which is a fairly new b & b in the area, supposedly wonderful breakfasts and beautiful views. The rooms also have kitchenettes. Check out the reviews.

Forked River, New...
Level Contributor
85 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rincon in feb

i have checked their website out - and it does look very nice.. i have sent an email to check on availability.. the price ($100) per night for two people is right where i'd like to be... I've also seen some pretty nice places down on the south east side of the island. I'm just so confused on what part of the island to stay in - this is our first time, and will only be there for a few days.. dont want to spend it in the car driving, or smack in the middle of a huge surfer party! (don't get me wrong, some action is ok!! but im imagining spring break in ft. lauderdale and girls gone wild, from what ive seen posted on TA, lol) Have you been to pr before? thank you

West Windsor, NJ
Level Contributor
11 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rincon in feb

You might want to consider Guanica - Copamarina resort, or Mary-Lees-by-the Sea - it's on souther peninsula near the Dry Forest reserve and unbelievable beaches (which are virtually empty during the week) - The weather is consistently goopd because of the mountain range that protects Guanica from the rain clouds. This is no party-zone though - but if you want for-sure weahter, beautiful beaches and a lovely setting, you can't beat Guanica.

NYC, Baby!
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rincon in feb

i also recommend and can vouch for the blue boy inn... immaculate and well-priced. great location at the marina which is in the "middle" of the two main areas (downtown & puntas) so you can choose where to go depending on what your in the mood for. great bfasts and great host - marc! it's not ON the beach but has it's own little marina beach 1 min walk away... i loved it - it's like a little privagte oasis.

7. Re: Rincon in feb

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, September 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Rincon