We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Madrid to Cuenca

Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Madrid to Cuenca

Hi I was trying to surf the RENFE web for trains from Madrid to Cuenca. Its a 2.5 hr regional train and it states 7 stops. Is this a direct train from Madrid or do I have to change 7 trains? Sorry to sound silly as I do not understand Spanish.

What is the best way to travel from Cuenca to Barcelona? Transit via Madrid? Thanks alot!

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
6,738 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Madrid to Cuenca

It seems like you will not have to change trains as the arrival and departure times are very close together.

There are no direct trains from BCN

Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Madrid to Cuenca

Thank you

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Madrid to Cuenca

Bus is also an option. There are a couple of express buses daily that take 2 hours. Other buses take 2.5 hours.

avanzabus.com/web/destinos-y-estaciones/hora…

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
8,171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Madrid to Cuenca

The best way to travel from Cuenca to Barcelona is via Valencia.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
68,888 posts
3,765 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Madrid to Cuenca

The AVE between Madrid and Valencia is promised for the end of this year. There will be a stop at Cuenca. I myself desire to visit Cuenca, but now it is not convenient with the train because it takes so long. So I am waiting until the end of the year when the AVE will be in place. Then one can do a day trip to Cuenca from Madrid and return the same day to Madrid.

6. Re: Train from Madrid to Cuenca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 06, 2010