We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in January 2007

Malta
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
where to stay in January 2007

HELLO......

I would like to go to Cyprus on Holiday 15th -22 JAN 2007 with my wife & 4 month old baby. I have been reccommended Protaras & Fig Tree Bay. As this is low season I am finding a problem with finding a good selection of Hotels/Apartments (most seem to close for winter).

(1) i would like a nice place very close to all the restaurants, shops and possibly the beach. Any suggestions?

(2) Are the shops in the area open in Winter?

(3) how much is a taxi from Larnaca to Protaras?

....after all is it a good idea to go to Protaras/Fig Tree Bay at this time of the year. Or is it better to stay inland? I prefer not to.......confused!!!

Olaf

from island of Malta

Greece
Level Contributor
135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay in January 2007

Coming to Cyprus in January is not a bad idea as the weather is better than in most European countries, but Protaras or Ayia Napa are a bad idea as most hotels are closed and most bars and restaurants. The area is quite deserted in January.

I reccommend you still come to Cyprus but consider Paphos for your holidays. There 90% of the hotels remain open and you will enjoy it much more. Try Ayia Napa or Protaras during April - November.

Malta
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay in January 2007

Kcharala many thanks for your prompt reply. I am sorry it took so long to reply

I have been working on your suggestion and i found a nice, apartment on Kings Road, Kato Paphos. What do you think?

However, I can only land at Larnaca Airport (no other choice). I do not want to rely and go through the expense of any taxis, therefore I will try to find inexpensive car hire to be collected & returned at the airport. Any suggestions are welcome once again.

All the best wishes during this Festive Season to you & all your family.

Olaf

....island of Malta

Mile High
Level Contributor
516 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay in January 2007

Hi elfio..have you tried typing car hire in the search bar at the top. That may help you. I have only ever rented cars in Ayia Napa itself and so I can't help. I would not use Europcar though. They have had some bad reviews

Paralimni
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay in January 2007

Hi..

Car Hire would be the best way to go, as Paphos is about a 2 hour drive from Larnaca.

Although, I would have thought it would have been easier to get a flight into Paphos airport, as there are more flights in and out of there during winter than Larnaca?

As for accomodation, I live in the Protaras area, so I know what is open and shut. (Yes there is a lot shut, but there is also some good quality hotels, bars & restaurants open), Not sure on the Paphos side though.

Bare in mind it is cold on a night time during the winter season!! We had ice on our car this morning!!

UK
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay in January 2007

Why don't you consider a luxury villa by the beach in Larnaca, with private pool and heated jacuzzi. See www.cyprusholidayvillas4u.com

Have a look at Ammouliani Beach Gardens.

6. Re: where to stay in January 2007

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, August 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa
Recent Conversations