We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Resort in October

London, United...
Level Contributor
233 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best Resort in October

Hi, obviously Ayia Napa is re-known for it's nightlife but out of Paphos, Limassol and Ayia Napa what is the best resort this type of year for activeness? There will be 2 of us and we both like sightseeing etc during the day and a bit of nightlife in evening, nothing perhaps too extravagant but perhaps a few disco's etc. Would also like to see the Troodos Mountains

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,969 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Resort in October

This is the 4th time this week the October question has been asked :) All the others are just below your own post. Basically early October is fine in Ayia Napa but very quiet and most bars and clubs closed or closing up. You might better off in Paphos, Limassol or Larnaca as they don't tend to close at the end of the holiday season

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,117 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Resort in October

Hi, Limassol being centre of the Island makes a great base for exploring it has good nightlife bars are open until late but avoid the nightclubs they are Russian rip offs.

Larnaca which I love also has a very good nightlife it is also easy to travel around ,if you fancy a change from driving buses to all the main towns leave from the prom.

I am not a great fan of Paphos but I love the surrounding areas.Julie

London, United...
Level Contributor
233 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Resort in October

I've heard Limassol has good night life, maybe 2nd best to Ayia Napa but what do you mean by the clubs being 'Russian rip offs?' We both like clubbing and would like to do this maybe a couple of nights in the week, but that sounds a little off-putting.

With it being a good central location maybe an ideal base? Although it seems Paphos has the most to offer and explore? What with it being the birthplace of Aphrodite

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,969 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Resort in October

I can't comment on Barkinmad's comments re the night clubs as only done Limassol twice but years ago.

This will help you with what;s available in the main resorts, history and attractions etc.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g190372-Activi…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Tourism-g190372-Cyprus-Vac…

5. Re: Best Resort in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:08 am, August 17, 2013
Edited: 10:08 am, August 17, 2013
Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,117 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Resort in October

Sorry my post should have read avoid the Russian Clubs they often have dancing girls,and charge extortionate prices. If you go to the Basement/rumours/replay you will be fine Guba is also popular.Julie

7. Re: Best Resort in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa