We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in 2nd Week in May?

Which Ayia Napa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kingston upon Hull...
Level Contributor
238 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in 2nd Week in May?

Hi,

thinking of booking a week 5th May this year for some early sun? Maybe Tasia Maris? I usually go to Eygpt but with the unrest though maybe Cyprus? Have been in July before and know its lovely and hot then but wondered if it would be warm and sunny in May?

Thanks x

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in 2nd Week in May?

In the main expect it to be mostly nice and sunny, though it can be unpredictable! You may get the odd shower and you might need a jacket for evenings. The Tasia Maris is a fab hotel, but the pool will more than likely to be really cold at that time of year. I love Cyprus, but if it's guaranteed sunshine you're after you might be better off sticking with Egypt or try the Canary islands?

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,936 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in 2nd Week in May?

There's 2 posts directly beneath yours asking the same Q with replies. Expect mixed / unpredictable weather, no 2 years are the same these days !

I'm there for 2/3 weeks every May & have seen it all including Hail, Storms & torrential rain to wall to wall sunshine

3. Re: Weather in 2nd Week in May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa