We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water temp - end May/beg June

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
377 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Water temp - end May/beg June

Hi. just wondered if anyone knows what the water temperature is like end May. We leave for a week on the 28th for Ayia Napa. Is there anywhere around Cyprus where you go go snorkelling? Does anyone know of any 'must do' boat trips with two boys ages 12 and 15.

Thanks.

Mile High
Level Contributor
516 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Water temp - end May/beg June

Only boat trip i know of to take kids on would leave Ayia Napa in the morning. Cruise past the caves and Cape Greco. Stop there for some swimming. Carries on to Protaras, Fig Tree Bay, and stops there. Get something to eat and drink then comes back. If you're in luck the breeze will have got up and when you round the headland at Cape Greco on the return you'll hit some excellent waves.

Colchester
Level Contributor
507 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water temp - end May/beg June

Best place for snorkelling is at Green Bay which is just before you get to Protaras - near the Cavo Maris Hotel. Either from the beach itself or the little bay down a road which looks like it just goes to a house. There is also some good snorkelling at Cyclops Cave on Cape Greco and also off the main beach in Ayia Napa, but you have to go out quite a way. There are lots of boat trips from Ayia Napa the best one I ever did was the safari boat which is a very big rigid Hulled Inflatable (like the type some lifeboats use) it is quite fast and a lot of fun. It stops for snorkelling as well.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
377 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water temp - end May/beg June

cheers guys... looking forward to it now.

Mile High
Level Contributor
516 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Water temp - end May/beg June

I agree with TitanTrigger about the snorkelling at Green Bay. My only concern about snorkelling of the beaches between Nissi and Macronnisos are the number of Jet Skis. But around Cape Greco and Green Bay this is not a problem.

Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa