We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too old?

Which Ayia Napa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
12 posts
Save Topic
Too old?

I'm thinking of holidaying in Ayia Napa this year with my bf but I'm worried I'll be too old? I'm only 26 but I don't want the only thing to do in the evenings to be going out clubbing? Are there parts of Napa that won't be quite so hectic?

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Too old?

Hi moonbeam, at 26 you're certainly not too old for Ayia Napa! Im 35 and my partner is 41 and we love it there. Its a lot different than some of the other 18-30 resorts which have nothing to them other than crazy nightlife. Yep, if you want the nightlife its there, but its more contained in one area and is easy to avoid if you fancy a quieter night. There's some amazing restaurants there as well as some more upmarket, chill-out bars. There's a huge range of ages go to Ayia Napa so dont worry, you won't be one of the oldest there lol, I remember going to Laganas when I was 26 and felt totally past-it! Nissi beach is where all the youngsters head to during the day, but there's plenty other beaches to choose from, including some which are very quiet. We usually stay more towards the Nissi end of the resort, but there's beautiful hotels all over Ayia Napa. Which hotels were you looking at?

Deryneia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
291 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Too old?

Absolutely agree with Suz. IMHO Napa is a family resort with a clubbing area attached to it. Handy if you want it, but easy to ignore/avoid if you don't. Mind you, there's a rock club there so it's not all bad!

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
671 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Too old?

Definitely not too old....napa is a fantastic resort for all ages. As a family we range from young teenager to my dad who is in his seventies and we all have a fab time. The partying youngsters tend to be around the square but again that does not get real busy until around midnight and is easily avoided. The beaches are superb and lots of bars and restaurants to meet everyone's need. Ayia napa in my opinion is an all round resort.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Too old?

Well, that's me out then. If 26 is "old" I am definitely decrepit with one foot in the grave!! I love Ayia Napa - it has something for everyone - better in my opinion than Protaras.

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Too old?

Ayia Napa's reputation as a clubbers paradise are long gone and yet so many people still believe it is just that, when in fact it's probably the most diverse resort of them all in Eastern Cyprus, the clubs and the famous "square" along with Bar Street are a very, very small part of what is a very large resort. You could spend a week there and still not across the area mentioned.........I know people who have done just that !

There's some lovely upmarket, relaxing cocktail bars that have opened up and taken their lead from Peppers (attached to the Napa Plaza Hotel) & Liquid next door to Sage restaurant.

I really think Napa has something for everybody from party people to pensioners & everything in between

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Too old?

Hi, we are in our 60's and have been to Ayia Nappa twice and we LOVE IT. We usually go May or Sept. and never felt too old. There are some lovely beaches and plenty of restaurants and bars. We feel that the younger set tend to go to the Nissi beach area so if we do go back we will stay in the harbour area again. Barbara

stockton-on-tees
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Too old?

this one made me laugh,too old at 26.me and the wife took her mother october 2012,we sat in the square pub from early evening till midnight had a very enjoyable night out,she is 86 years young.lol

8. Re: Too old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa