We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Cruise

10 posts
Save Topic
Boat Cruise

Hi, my girlfriend and me are travelling to nissi bay on the 20th may and are wondering if anyone has had any experiences of boat cruises in Cyprus. We would prefer to stay away from booze cruises and prefer something like a boat trip followed by a BBQ or something similar. Also if anybody has any had any other great experiences it would be good to hear from you.

Thanks Andy

Wellingborough...
Level Contributor
284 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat Cruise

Hi Andy,

If you go down to the harbour, there are lots of boat cruises. I wouldn't bother with the glass bottom boat - all you can see is algae!

The best one by far is the Aphrodite II. It's a fab cruise to Famagusta and back, with swimming stops along the way and a commentary when there's anything interesting to see.

You can book lunch on board (and if you don't, you'll wish you did when you smell it!) which is pretty basic, but tasty. It's usually chicken and potatoes, with salad and bread, followed by watermelon.

You can buy drinks on board, but in the four or five times I've been, I don't think I've ever seen anyone get drunk. It's way more civilised than the party boats!

Last year, we got there way earlier than we needed to, but being first on board meant we got a great spot on the sun deck. There's also plenty of shade downstairs.

I don't know of any barbecues, but there are some lovely restaurants around the harbour, particularly the Limanaki Beach and the fish restaurants.

I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time!

Vicky

10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat Cruise

Hi Vicky,

I will definitely go down to the harbour and check it out. Shame about the glass bottom boats as I've always fancied a trip on one, fair to say I won't be wasting my money on one now so thanks for the good info.

Cheers Andy

Ayia Napa...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat Cruise

thank you vicky for great comments comments.. glad you enjoyed your day with us

john

4. Re: Boat Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 31, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Ayia Napa
Recent Conversations