We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Almancil road map

Watford, UK
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Almancil road map

Does anyone know where I can get a reasonably detailed web or paper based road map for Sao Lourenco/Almancil area?

Maps I've found on the web give reasonable detail for Almancil but nothing for Sao Lourenco i.e it appears to have no roads!.

Thanks

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Almancil road map

Really don't think you will find one.These places are just a scattering of a few houses reached by country roads.You'd need the equivalent of our hiking maps.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,979 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Almancil road map

The portuguese equivalent of the UK Ordnance Survey maps are mostly 20 to 30 years out of date! I have a Rough Guide map of the Algarve at 1:100,000 scale which shows most of the things I need for cycling but that is full of mistakes! Even so it is a lot better than the usual 'tourist' maps in the shops.

Sao Lourenco has no roads on my map either., but is just off the N125 immediately to the east of Almancil, a sort of indeterminate splodge of buildings with its church highlighted.

3. Re: Almancil road map

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, August 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Almancil
Recent Conversations