We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Almancil

Which Almancil hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Almancil

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone has stayed in or around Almancil, Myself and 8 family members are going there on the 15th June and wanted some advice on good restaurants and places to visit. We have hired a car so we can get around and will probably venture out quite alot. Please help.

galway, ireland
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Almancil

hi kugs

i go to quinta da lago every year it is a place quite near almanci, there is lots to do and see. the four seasons country club in quinta da lago is very good and very reasonable there is always entertainment, there are also lots of caual eateries in quinta shopping centre where there is a good few choices, vale do labo is another area which has a bit of life and many good places to eat. all these area's you will need to drive from almancil but they are only about a 5 min drive, they would not cost that much in a taxi. if you like fish cassa da golf is excellent, pig and whistle is located in almanci and that is excellent as well

galway, ireland
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Almancil

Hello kugs

almancil is lovely it is only about 10-15 min drive from faro airport. i go to quinta da lago every year which is very near almacil. there are many restaurants there and this is where u will go to the beach, quinta shopping centre 4min drive from almancil is very casual with 3 -4 different choices, pizza, japanesse, pub grub, if you would like to go somewhere a bit more posh four seasons country club is excellent and very reasonable for what u ge they have an all u can eat barbeque on wednesday nights but booking is advisable, in almancil there are many great choices, pig and whistle is very nice and if you like fish cassa da golf is excellent, vale do lobo is about 5 min drive from almanci and again there are pubs and lots to eat there, it is on the beach so its amazing and there is a bit of life. monte de quinta is a resort which the public can use to eat, there is a pizzaria and a restaurant. if you want to drive a bit further villamora is lovely it is by the marina with about 20 different choices. hope this is of help

UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Almancil

Thank you very much for your advice, we Will definately try the restaurants you suggested as we all love fish. And we will take a trip down to Villamoura aswell.

Thanks for your help and time

Kugs

Cheshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Almancil

We visit Vale do Lobo every year, the area around Almancil spoils you with its choice of restauants. Fully support the ones already mentioned (obviously posted by someone who knows his food) , they are all very good especially Casa de Golf ( fantastic pork medalions) . I would add the Golfers Inn at the Faro end of Almancil. Its a couple of euros over the normal rate but worth it, the lamb there is excellent. On the road from Almancil towards Vale do Lobo there is Mr. Freddies (good for steaks amongst other things), close to Vale Do Lobo on the same road is Ibericos, this is more Portugese in style, their Sea bass portugese style is excellent. Drive into Vale do Lobo itself and go down to the beach at the Praca, there are 5 restaurants including french, italian and chinese. Dine inside or out . Recommend the spareribs at Montys Bar.

Between Vale do Lobo and Quinta there are beach restaurants, great for lunch but also of an evening, recommend Julias and Marias.

Inland from Almancil go to Loule , a couple of great Portugese restaurants in the high street. If you can barbarcue, the fish market here is great, there is another in Quatera.

Further afield go to Silves, near the main car park is the market with a couple of open air restaurants with brilliant fresh fish.

Have a great time. We will be there in August. If you find any other restaurants let us know as we are always looking for new ones.

Tony

UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Almancil

Thanks Tony,

We are able to BBQ so I will go to Loule to get some fresh fish for sure.

I will let you know if we find any other places to eat.

Kugs

Almancil, portugal
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Almancil

Hi,

I have just been checking out the the web and have come accross your e-mail. I opened a restaurant on Estrada de Vale do Lobo and would love to meet you and your family during your visit. We open at 10am every day and serve food till 10.30pm, including breakfast, homemade burgers, snacks, garlic prawns, fresh fish, beutiful

t-bone and fillet steaks etc. We are called Joes Bar Bistro

289 392 231. Hope to see you, if not have a fab holiday!!! If you like horse ridding we have a couple of great places locally ask at your reception for more details.

Thanks Michelle

Cheshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Almancil

Hi Michelle

Whereabouts is your bar. We will be in Vale do Lobo In October as usual. I presume you are on the road from Almancil to Vale do Lobo.

TK

8. Re: Almancil

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, August 31, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Almancil
Recent Conversations