We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to watch england on june 26th! HELP PLEASE ! ! ! !

Which Almancil hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
marcusdench
Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Places to watch england on june 26th! HELP PLEASE ! ! ! !

We are at a wedding on the 26th and there is no way they will allow guests to watch the second round game, we are at the "secret garden boutique hotel" are there any bars close to here so we can get a taxi to watch the match??? PLEASE HELP!!!

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,564 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to watch england on june 26th! HELP PLEASE ! ! ! !

Stayed there last Aug for a few nights. There are no bars around the hotel to 'escape ' to! Your nearest place with bars would be Vale do Lobo 'Praca' or Quinta do Lago Plaza. Hotel has got a large television in the Lounge area but I would imagine that would interfere with the wedding because the rooms sorta blended into one. Hope that helps you.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,286 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to watch england on june 26th! HELP PLEASE ! ! ! !

Far be it for me to dampen your enthusiam but England might not be playing on the 26th!

The final group match is on Wednesday 23rd v Slovenia at 3pm.

If we get through to the second round as Group winners, we will play on 26th at 730pm agreed.

If we go through as second placed team, it will be Sunday 27th at 730pm.

Best you get hold of the Almancil taxi number just in case though.

London, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to watch england on june 26th! HELP PLEASE ! ! ! !

There are several 'sports bars' with giant screens in Almancil, mostly in the side streets.

If you have a good cable TV system in your hotel you will have all the UK terrestrial channels & some digital freeview plus all the Sky sports channels in your bedroom. I always take the Radio Times with me when we go to Quinta do Lago and we can see almost anything we want! Why don't you phone the hotel and find out if they have the UK channels available in your room.

Let's hope England are still playing on the 26th.

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,564 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to watch england on june 26th! HELP PLEASE ! ! ! !

Yes they do have all the english channels in the rooms, so if you cant get away from the wedding maybe a sneakie upstairs on the 26th could be in order!!

For a bit of atmosphere and you can or want to watch it outside of the hotel on either 26th or 27th

( Cubsur, good point about coming second in the group, I did not like to mention it! ) try Mont'y's Bar @ Vale do Lobo Praca there is usually a good atmosphere as all golfers in the area usually head there for the football matches. I remember watching the euro matches in there!

Note: If you are with the wives/girlfriends and they dont fancy watching the game then there are a few nice bar/restaurants at the Praca overlooking the beach they can while the match away in. : -)

marcusdench
Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to watch england on june 26th! HELP PLEASE ! ! ! !

Many thanks to all replies! The issue is the bride so we are going to have to escape the hotel under fear of death! so thanks for the bars, i will find out some more info on these. As for coming 2nd or not qualiying theres as much chance of not winning the group as liverpool winning the league next year! lol

Thanks again

6. Re: Places to watch england on june 26th! HELP PLEASE ! ! ! !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:08 am, December 07, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Almancil
Recent Conversations