We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Vale do Lobo - Almancil

Which Almancil hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
13 posts
Save Topic
Taxi Vale do Lobo - Almancil

Hi, we're staying in a villa in Vale do Lobo next week and have decided not to hire a car. As there'll be 6 of us and we don't want to do much travelling this seems best. Would you agree? We'll book a taxi from the airport and I'm hoping taxis to Almancil for shopping won't be too expensive.

Can anyone advise how much we should expect to pay for a taxi between Vale do Lobo and Almancil? Any taxi firms / phone numbers that could be recommended would be appreciated.

Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Taxi Vale do Lobo - Almancil

Of course, my pleasure. It was the Casa do Golf, rented through a UK villa rental agency called "Sun-Hat".

They currently have a special on. It's 3 BR, 70 m2 Pool, huge garden. A few things needed to be fixed but overall a good place. Pool was leaking but they filled up the water every day. Maid service. I think I paid GBP 2800+ for three weeks. But as I said they have reduced the price at the moment and it's central and lovely situated.

Warm wishes

Patricia

Vancouver, Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Taxi Vale do Lobo - Almancil

Hello,

In response to your query regarding a rental villa on Rua dos Pinheiros in Vale do Lobo, we stayed in Villa 382, a huge property with a large garden and big pool, 3 BR, 2 BR and 1 cloakroom, kitchen with dishwasher/washing machine, fridge and oven/microwave, dining/living room, large outdoor terrace with view. Quiet and lovely. A few things were in need of repair as the owner wants to sell I heard and isn't going to invest more into the property to repair, but maintenance did keep an eye and they were very friendly. (Pool leaked and lost quite a bit of water (no costs involved at your end to reill the pool), walk around pathway had bricks that were rising and you had to be careful when walking not to fall (outside), especially, if older individuals are in your company. Outdoor BBQ could asily be fixed with a few new tiles but works fine (coal). Apart from that, everyday maid service, fresh linens, towels (also upon request at no charge). We enjoyed our stay there and had a marvelous time. The villa is called "Casa do Golf" but if you are looking for rental properties on that street, "Casa L'Esperanca" is a little further up towards Strate da Horta, also 3 BR I believe. Check out the UK agency "Sun-Hat Ltd.", there you will find them. I am not aware or have seen any other properties on that particular road while searching for mine and I have been coming to VDL for 20 years. I would recognise them.

Warm wishes

Patricia

Going back in May 2011, but have chosen a different property this time.

Warm wishes

Patricia

Edited: 9:12 pm, February 28, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Taxi Vale do Lobo - Almancil

Would anyone be able to tell me what I can expect in terms of price increases for August 2012 for buying groceries at Aldi and Apolonia. I have heard prices have doubled. Is that true?

Also I would like to know how much I can expect to pay now for a taxi from Vale do Lobo to Almancil and from Airport to Vale do Lobo.. Would appreciate any helpful comments. Thanks in advance.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,869 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Taxi Vale do Lobo - Almancil

Prices in supermarkets doubled - rubbish. Some prices haven't gone up at all but, yes, prices are creeping up because of tax hikes and rising utility costs. People I have met who visit from Canada are surprised by how inexpensive things are here.

Almancil is about 6km from Vale do Lobo; expect to pay about 8 Euros for a taxi on weekdays, 10 at weekends and at night. The airport is about 23km, expect to pay in the region of 30 Euros. A pre-booked private van transfer will be around 25 Euros.

Vancouver, Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Taxi Vale do Lobo - Almancil

Hi there,

I am glad to find out what I had anticipated. Don't know why people do this. Thanks for the info. Looking forward to being there shortly, love the Algarve and all it has to offer.

Warmest regards

Patricia

Vancouver, Canada
8 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Taxi Vale do Lobo - Almancil

HI there,

Would anyone have the telephone numbers for

1. The Almancil Taxi company

2. Vale do Lobo Taxi company

Would appreciate it. Thank you.

Cheers

Patricia

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
44,869 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Taxi Vale do Lobo - Almancil

Taxis de Almancil: 289 393 333 / 289 399 998

I don't know of a separate number for Vale do Lobo.

Glasgow, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: Taxi Vale do Lobo - Almancil

Any idea what the cost would be to hire a taxi driver for 2 weeks basically to pick us up from faro airport & return plus daily trips to beach & shops evenings to val de lobo & villamoura when required - might suit someone looking for some work on the side

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,116 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Taxi Vale do Lobo - Almancil

You could get in touch with Taxis de Almancil (see post above) and ask for a quote.

20. Re: Taxi Vale do Lobo - Almancil

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:57 am, September 04, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Almancil