We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nordkapp tour advice June 14 2012

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Which Honningsvag hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Nordkapp tour advice June 14 2012

I will be in Honningsvag for the day on June 14 2012 and would like to visit Nordkapp . Can someone please advise a good tour to take or information on the reliability of taking local buses there.

Thank you

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Nordkapp tour advice June 14 2012

Hi sprowlie and oficohen,

I'd be interested to know everything turned out for your trip to Nordkapp from Honningsvag. We want to do this on June 20th this year.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Teesside, England
Level Contributor
1,510 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Nordkapp tour advice June 14 2012

Getting the local bus to the North Cape is fine, no problem. As you leave the ship and exit the gate, the ticket office is only a few yards to the right and is next to the small tourism office. You get about the same amount of time there as the ship tour does.

We were there in June 2012 and the weather at the North Cape was beautiful & sunny - but it can be very windy! The North Cape, where all tours go to, is not exactly the most northerly point, the most northerly point about 1 mile to the left!

If I can be of any more help just ask.

Edited: 7:38 am, April 16, 2013
new york
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Nordkapp tour advice June 14 2012

agree-take the local bus. we took the ship and got basically stuck going in very foggy wet weather. there was nothing to see and it started sleeting up there(I understand that is about 70% of the time). we were told we need to take the bus back by a certain time (early) although the ship was there all day and the weather looked to be clearing. this was free up the buses for a different cruise ship that reserved on the later buses. the weather did clear so that other ship passengers enjoyed the view as well as anyone who took the local bus. so bottom line suggestion is check the weather and if clear take the local bus. have a fabulous trip-hope you have clear skies

susan

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Nordkapp tour advice June 14 2012

Many thanks Teeside and Susan.

At the moment the local bus is showing just one trip on 20th June. Leaves Honningsvag at noon. Arrives Nordkapp 12.45. Departs 2.15 and arrives back in Honningsvag at 3.00. This fits in well as the ship leaves at 5 pm. Will one and a half hours be enough?

The cost is expensive for a local bus NOK 475 ( AUS $80) but I realise that includes entrance to the Cape. It seems a good option because if the weather is bad we won't go. If we were to do a ship's excursion we couldn't pull out for bad weather on the day.You were very lucky Teeside with your beautiful sunny weather.

25. Re: Nordkapp tour advice June 14 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, August 12, 2014