We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM-s in Finnmark or Honningsvag

In cooperation with: Visit Norway
Romania
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
ATM-s in Finnmark or Honningsvag

Please, can anyone tell something about ATM-s in Finnmark and/or Honningsvag?

Are cards absolutely accepted even for small amounts to pay?

Thanks

al_marton@yahoo.com

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM-s in Finnmark or Honningsvag

ATM's are widely spread absolutely all over Norway. Look for the sign "MINIBANK". You will find them outside (and inside) the bank, in shopping centers, inside 7-11 shops, at the airport, and many other places. Cards are accepted in all hotels and restaurants, all taxis, most long-distance buses, many parking lots, most petrol-stations, shops. Young Norwegians even pay for a bottle of Coke with the card.

Oslo
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM-s in Finnmark or Honningsvag

Periscope describes the acceptance of debet cards, which all Norwegians, even children, have. Credit cards are not as widely accepted. Some grocery chains (Rema) don'¨t accept them, but credit cards would be accepted in most tourist venues, as hotels and bigger restaurants.

Among credit cards, the widest acceptance in Norway is enjoyed by Visa, followed by Mastercard. American Express, Diners and the others have less distribution in Norway.

Romania
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATM-s in Finnmark or Honningsvag

Thank you very much!

I am going to reach Nordkapp by car and I was wondering if I have to have cash with me to pay in such a far away region...

Romania
Level Contributor
4 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATM-s in Finnmark or Honningsvag

Thank you very much!

5. Re: ATM-s in Finnmark or Honningsvag

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 11, 2010