We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation convenient for farmers' market

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
179 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation convenient for farmers' market

We'll have taken a nine hour flight and landed in Brisbane on Saturday morning. The plan is to drive from the airport to Noosa, relax, have a good dinner and then get up to go to the farmers market on Sunday morning. I'm not familiar with the area, so I was wondering whether there is a good accommodation from which the market is walking distance. First and foremost, we'd like a nice place to stay, so if that means a short drive to the market, then that's fine. However, if there is excellent accommodation within a short walk, that would be ideal.

Grateful for any help! Thanks!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation convenient for farmers' market

Hi,

Noosa is a frequent weekend getaway for us, a good 2h drive, but well worth it.

There are two main markets in Noosa, Eumundi and the Farmers Market. In my opinion, don’t bother with the Farmers Market, it’s a very small market with not a lot going on. I have never been to the Eumundi Market, but hear very good things about it. There is also a good bookshop apparently that is a must visit!

Either way, my advice about the accommodation would be the same. The main destination for Noosa, is Hastings St, which has plenty of shops (boutique and a few high street names) as well as some very good places to eat, bars and of course, the beach. There is also accessible bush walking all from Hastings St.

Depending on what you want for accommodation, there is plenty to choose from – Boutique, Luxury, Budget, House Rental etc. My favourite place is 10 Hastings, which is great as a one / two night place to stay right on the heart of Hastings Street, the rooms are small but well finished. They also do happy hour cocktails – cant go wrong.

The obvious choice would be Outrigger but that’s a short walk up the hill to the rooms, again, very worthwhile stay, and has private pools, restaurants, spa facilities (drive to destination organised by the hotel) and other activities.

Staying out from Hastings is possible, but you would need to ask why, when the beach and main activities are in or around Hastings Street. The Eumundi markets are only about 15-20 minute drive from Hastings St and you will have much more to do. The farmers market is about 5 mins, but I wouldn’t bother going back.

Hope this helps – feel free to ask more questions!

Cheers

Ceej18

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation convenient for farmers' market

You may wish to visit Eumundi market on your way to Noosa. It is one of the best markets around.

The farmers market sells great produce and is very popular. A very short walk , just about next door is South Pacific resort.

http://www.southpacificresort.com.au

Not too far away is RACV resort , still quite walkable.

http://www.southpacificresort.com.au

Enjoy beautiful Noisa.

3. Re: Accommodation convenient for farmers' market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 24, 2015