We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public bus from Sunshine Coast to Noosa Heads

melbourne,aus
Level Contributor
983 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Public bus from Sunshine Coast to Noosa Heads

Hi, I have been to Noosa many times but have always hired a car at the airport. This time we have decided to catch the public bus, I have checked the translink website and was wondering if someone could please answer these questions:

Can I buy a Go Card inside the airport?

Is the bus stop close to the airport terminal exit?

Am I able to take a suitcase on the bus?

Last but not least, does the bus stop at the top of the hill as we are staying at Club Noosa opposite the pub?

Thanks

Edited: 2:48 am, January 02, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public bus from Sunshine Coast to Noosa Heads

Hi I don't think Go Cards are on sale at the airport.

Yes you can take your suitcase on board.

The bus stop is near the airport, only a short walk however you will need to walk about half a kilometre from the bus stop in Noosa Junction to your accom and its uphill.

Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public bus from Sunshine Coast to Noosa Heads

Best to catch the Noosa - Airport shuttle bus. Kiosk is outside the Brisbane domestic airport. You can also google it and book online. Only $30 to Noosa. A little more if you want door-to-door. The trip only takes two hours.

melbourne,aus
Level Contributor
983 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public bus from Sunshine Coast to Noosa Heads

Thanks for that, How long will the public bus take. I looked at the timetable and it says 1 hour so am a bit concerned about starworkers 2 hour comment. Also the timetable says it stops at Noosa junction station which is a flat walk???Can you please confirm that my information is correct...

translink.com.au/sites/…131125-622.pdf

australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public bus from Sunshine Coast to Noosa Heads

The two hour response relates to brisbane airport transport not sunshine coast airport....unless using bris airport disregard it

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Public bus from Sunshine Coast to Noosa Heads

No it's not a flat walk, 400 metres uphill.

6. Re: Public bus from Sunshine Coast to Noosa Heads

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 14, 2015