We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding venue for older couple

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Wedding venue for older couple

We are getting married next October and trying to find the best venue (price and service) around the Sunshine Coast/Hinterland for 100 people. As we have both been married before, we dont want the extravagance or cost of an over the top event but would like a lovely relaxed and enjoyable day that doesn't leave us in debt for years. We would appreciate comments/suggestions from others who have been down this path in recent years.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
91 reviews
1. Re: Wedding venue for older couple

there are numerous restaurants , that you probably know about. Sails, Berados on the Beach, Bistro C - would all make groegous venues with beach access.

But a common option in recent years for a lot of people is to hire luxury apartments/houses and have a private caterer. I know Mausgrass(DE) has been involved in quite a few, so hopefully can give you more specifics...

see some of the local agents like

www.dowlingneylan.com.au

www.zincnoosa.com.au

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,636 posts
119 reviews
2. Re: Wedding venue for older couple

Yes ,.....cost and ease of surroundings are the essence of not going manic on the changeover from 'practice' husbands/wives to the real stayers.

my suggestions are to look (as 40s said) for a good venue where you can arrange good private catering....current prices for gourmet fingerfood and extras should be around the $30 to $40 per head mark.....against sit down costs of $70 to $100 per head.

cost of the venue and glassware should not be to much....and some folk use the penthouse as their holiday venue.

Perhaps you could give an idea where you really envisage the site should be & the dates(The Sunshine Coast is rather a long distance) and then I could see what sites would be available in a chosen area.

noosa
Level Contributor
50 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: Wedding venue for older couple

A good option would be the beautiful wedding gardens at Ikatan Spa. If you have your wedding there you can also BYO alcohol and organise caterers to do the food there as well. I know they can help out with the planning too.

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
4. Re: Wedding venue for older couple

Thankyou everyone for your comments.

5. Re: Wedding venue for older couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:33 am, April 17, 2011