We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation for family of 5 in Apr 2010

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Accommodation for family of 5 in Apr 2010

I have been reading posts & reviews with interest but it seems the more research I do on places to stay, the more confused I get! We are coming to Noosa for a family wedding next April and would like nice accommodation in a good location for around 7 nights. We will have our own car, will need 2 bedrooms-with room in the 2nd bdrm for a rollaway bed, like to be close to the beach and a place with a reasonable sized, heated pool. Must be fully self-contained, preferably 2 bathrms & not too dated. Don't mind paying more than average as long as its worth it but not over the top. I have looked at Las Rias, lovely but maybe a little too pricey(is it worth it?), Skippers Cove-how's the location?, Laguna on Hastings-is this the same as the Sebel? Most reviews are very mixed that its hard to tell which to go for. Does anyone have any feedback on those I've mentioned or any other suggestions? Would value any responses.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,890 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation for family of 5 in Apr 2010

Las Rias and Noosa Harbour Resort are good resorts with a good river beach, not too far to Hastings st and noosa's main beach. Skippers cove and Noosa Pacific are just across the river. Laguna and Sebel are different properties.

Kids like the pools at South Pacific , it also gets mixed reviews but it is now our choice of accom, have stayed there about 5 times now, the location is not the most exciting and you definitely need to drive to the beach or shops but it is reasonably quiet and well priced. If you wish to stay in Hastings St also check out French quarter but ask for a renovated unit.

Enjoy Noosa!

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation for family of 5 in Apr 2010

You could try Noosa Beach apartment (on google) It's a private apartment within the French Quarter resort on Hastings Street. It's absolutely beatiful and the owner is great to deal with. It overlooks hastings street...yet quiet and the best location on the non beachside. Easy walk to national park, shops and beach.

3. Re: Accommodation for family of 5 in Apr 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 28, 2011