We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temperature end January for large family visit

Auckland- New...
Level Contributor
113 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Temperature end January for large family visit

Hi there, is the heat unbearable at end of January, would it be similar to Auckland? also any great restuarant suggestions for a 50th dinner with teenagers and kids under 8 and grandparents?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Temperature end January for large family visit

Nothing like Auckland at all, the temp will be 30C or more however the ocean temperature and sea breeze wlll be your friend. We are looking at Season for a similar birthday, it is nice and on the beachfront. There are many around however of course it all depends on your budget.

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,572 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Temperature end January for large family visit

Quick weather stats

Jan Av C 25....highest Rec C 34.6 Lowest C 16.7

Av highs run at 29.3 average lows run at 22.3

Seasons not a good place for kids......Thinking you may be better at somewhere like Madisons or along the Noosaville stretch which will cover all angles of Family mastication with a good river view.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
6,101 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Temperature end January for large family visit

January is not a good time for Queensland for this Aucklander. I once paid a very short visit to Noosa in late February and nearly died from the heat and humidity in Hastings Street. Couldn't wait to get back into air-conditioned transport and leave.

Maybe the breeze from the river in Noosaville might have helped. But I prefer April, May, June and September, October, early November.

I enjoyed warm weather in Noosaville a few weeks ago. Wish I was back there today - it's freezing in Auckland today!

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,572 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Temperature end January for large family visit

Fresh C10 this early morn....with a calm sea like glass.....21 tops.

So now is not a bad time.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
6,101 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Temperature end January for large family visit

Here it was 7 this morning - top of 13.8. Totally overcast with no sun - heavy rain expected tonight. Sounds much better over there! In fact wish I'd stayed much longer.

Australia
Level Contributor
155 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Temperature end January for large family visit

A fair bit warmer than Auckland I would say. 30c in the day time and 25 at night, endlessly oppressive and sticky for someone not used to it (I'm a Victorian and hated it) Make sure you stay somewhere fully airconditioned (including bedrooms).

Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Temperature end January for large family visit

Hi depends how upmarket you wish but there is the Noosaville yacht and rowing club that does parties has a large deck overlooking the river (breezes) and is next to the childrens playground. Parking there is better than most of Noosa. If u were booking the venue there is a good choice of music options they allow bands juke boxes own music etc. Interior and service isn't upmarket. Also Has decent sized and priced bar you could run a tab or select cocktail finger food or sit down. let me know if you have anything specific in mind and I'll try to think of something. It shouldn't be too hot at night there but yes hotter than Auckland!

8. Re: Temperature end January for large family visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 30, 2010