We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomm. help for large family holiday please

Australia
Level Contributor
193 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Accomm. help for large family holiday please

Hi All,

We are planning a holiday for 14-16 family members over Easter.

Our group ranges in age from 14-70yrs and we would require 2 and 3 bedroom units, we will be renting a car.

I would really appreciate some opinions on our options so far, the Hotel Laguna (possibly only in Hastings st side units) or the Outrigger in Noosaville.

Our budget is roughly $300-$400p/n for 3 bedrooms.

Any other suggestions?

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Laguna
Hotel Laguna
322 Reviews
Noosa, Australia
Noosaville
Noosaville
Noosa, Australia
Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,601 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomm. help for large family holiday please

try Skippers Cove....the 3 bedders here have ensuites

Australia
Level Contributor
193 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomm. help for large family holiday please

Thanks for that suggestion. Will check it out.

What about Las Rias resort? Its location looks lovely, overlooking the river.

Thanks

Parramatta...
Level Contributor
394 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomm. help for large family holiday please

I agree that Skippers Cove is a great place. I've stayed there about 5 times with my family & we have all loved it. The riverside rooms are as expected right on the river - a perfect spot for an afternoon cuppa.

Mentioned in this post
Skippers Cove
Skippers Cove
105 Reviews
Noosa, Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,135 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomm. help for large family holiday please

I regularly recommend Las Rias on here - we stayed again a few weeks ago & it continues to be great. Fantastic location and beautiful views.

Also Noosa Harbour Resort is right next door as another option.

Bookings for Easter are already quite heavy so I recommend you move on this quickly.

Mentioned in this post
Noosa Harbour Resort
Noosa Harbour Resort
158 Reviews
Noosa, Australia
Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
281 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomm. help for large family holiday please

Hi,

Check out these, I think they are in your price range ;

-Metzo Noosa Resort for modern 2 & 3 bdm apts at 150 Noosa Pde.

-129 Escape Resorts, newish 3 bdm townhouses with their own pools and its part of At The Sound which has older style 2 bdm apts

-Laguna Real Estate have 3 X 2 bdm apts on 1 property at 7 Noosa Parade. Do a search on their website under Noosa Holiday Accom. for properties H43 ,H42 and H133. There is also a 3bdm apt next door at 9 Noosa Parade but that was thru the Stayz Website and might have a 5 night minimum.

We are going in Sept and I had done a lot of looking, and we have ended up at Saks on Hastings in The penthouse which looks flash and a bit more expensive- sleeps up to 9 tho !!

Mentioned in this post
Metzo Noosa Resort
Metzo Noosa Resort
135 Reviews
Noosa, Australia
Noosa
Noosa
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Saks On Hastings
Saks On Hastings
108 Reviews
Noosa, Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,922 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomm. help for large family holiday please

Skippers Cove, Las Rias, Noosa Pacific are all very good. Noosa Harbour Resort would be my choice if in budget.

Mentioned in this post
Noosa
Noosa
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Noosa Harbour Resort
Noosa Harbour Resort
158 Reviews
Noosa, Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,135 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomm. help for large family holiday please

Metzo is a very large resort so you may not get a very intimate family experience. It is also incredibly noisy & we would not stay there again for that reason - all the units have louvres which are great for ventilation but terrible for noise control. You can literally hear people snoring in the rooms around you ;-(

Australia
Level Contributor
193 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accomm. help for large family holiday please

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and taking the time to reply! :)

We have finally found availability for ALL of us ( 2x3beds, +1x2beds) in Las Rias.

2 of our rooms are next to each other ground floor, on the river front and the other one is next level up. 2 out of the 3 rooms have been renovated.

There should be plenty of space for us all to gather outside the 2 ground floor units to relax and eat together, which was our main aim!

I think having access to Hastings st and Noosaville by ferry will be great fun, esp for the teenagers. Sounds perfect really!

One of the grandparents is not well, so hopefully this trip will be relaxing and stress free (well, realatively with teenagers and 70y/os!) and create some wonderful family memories.

Thanks again everyone for your help

Mentioned in this post
Noosaville
Noosaville
Noosa, Australia
Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
281 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accomm. help for large family holiday please

Hey 40ish , thats interesting about the Metzo's lack of privacy, something you wouldn't know unless you had stayed there. And my snoring 70 year old mum is coming on our trip, so she would have been one of the guilty culprits if we'd stayed there!

Las Rias does look lovely Ozvisitor, and dont forget to write a review after you've stayed! So just checking, was there no prob staying for less than 7 nights or requesting renovated rooms?

Edited: 10:14 pm, February 06, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,135 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accomm. help for large family holiday please

great to hear you have booked and you wont be disappointed with your choice - we stayed there only 2 weeks ago wtih friends who book every single year. Their unit was no7 on the 2nd floor and it was newly renovated and really lovely. But even if it wasnt renovated I dont think it would matter - the views are so stunning you wont be looking inside ;-)

Rangitane, we have always found the managers at Las Rias to be very acomodating and they have let us book last minute short breaks in the past during off peak periods...

If you like Japanese one of the best restaurants in the country is now 3 doors down - Wasabi. Or Ricky's next door continues to be good - both have excellent views and are serviced by the Riverlight ferry.

Enjoy :-D

Mentioned in this post
Wasabi
Wasabi
485 Reviews
Noosa, Australia