We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noosa Trip Reveiw September 2008

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Noosa Trip Reveiw September 2008

Hi,

My husband & I just had a lovely relaxing week in Noosa without the kids for our 10th Wedding Anniversary. 7-14th September

We have been looking at going to Brampton Island, but the accom looked very average for the money, the reveiws were average & it was going to cost 3 times as much as Noosa.

Here is the low down on our experience:

We stayed at a townhouse in Anne St Noosaville, very nice & better value compared to the 70's appartments I had been looking at in Little Cove. We found it through this web site www.realholidays.com.au

Restaurants we ate at:

Berardo's - for dinner, great restaurant, excellent food & service- highly recommended. Mains around $34-$39 dollars, entree's around $24?, & deserts $15.00

Season - for lunch. Food was good, (not Berardo's standard though). Service - very dissapointing, slow on taking our order & it's seemed that some customers definetly got preferential treatment over many others.

Cato's (at the Sheriton)- for dinner. We didn't do the seafood buffet. We did a la carte as we had a coupon form the entertainment book. This was the worst meal I have probably ever had. It was a duck dish, (duck was okay ish) with very average polenta, a couple of soggy cherry tomato's & only what can be described as yersterday's reheated roesti. I complained saying half the meal was not freshly cooked, they said it was. I cook alot & know it had just cooked many hours earlier & reheated. I also mentioned how good Berardo's was for the same sort of prices. In the end my half eaten meal was free. DO NOT GO HERE.

Sails - for desert - they saved our night after the terrible Cato's experience. The staff were lovely, great service & the best desert I have dad in a long time. - Should have gone here for dinner.

Berardo's on the Beach - for beakfast & many coffees & fresh OJ's. Yummy food, great service & beautiful location.

Stacey's Kitchen for Fish & Chips. A(Weyba Rd - between the footy ground & Organika Cafe & store) I had seen a few comments about the best fich & chips in Noosa, well I beleive this it it. It' quite new, but they have very fresh fish & it's done in a very light batter. We had flake that was cut like a thick steak. The chips,as they seem to be every where are beer battered - thought lighter coating than most. It cost $8.00 a piece of flake- exy my Melbourne standards but well worth it for the quality.

Organika - Weyba Rd Next door to Aldi. Bought a few organic veggies here & had a fresh juice, Coffee & eveil cake here. Very nice.

Belmondos' Fresh Food Market - Rene St Noosaville. Foodie heaven. you can get coffees, sandwiches & cakes etc to eat in or take away. Also they sell pre cooked dishes such as ristotto, to heat at home. Oysters, prawns, waygu steak, deli treats, fresh fruit & veg in it's own cool room. Just about everything you can think of. It is fantastic.

Noosa farmers market- went here on our last day, could buy much as we had to fly back to Melbourne. Had a yummy little gelato, & my husband bought some very cheap fresh olive. Would have bought a lot more if we could have gone here in the first few days of our stay. Lots of great produce.

We went to the Eumundi market on the Wednesday, I wasn't very impressed. Lots of stuff you see in any cheap shop, bought some macadamia nuts & a few veggies. I was told while there, that on Saturday there are no imports, only handmade & fresh produce is allowed. Didn't go back on the Saturday.

Beaches: After a few visits to Noosa main beach we worked out that it gets windy around 3pm, so we woudl get to the beach around 10.30 & stay until about 1-1.30. Very nice beach & not too crowded.

Also went to Coolum beach for an hour on the day we left, nice beach. Also stopped at Perigan & it's looked good.

We hired a boat from Kingfisher boat hire at Noosa Wharf (in Tewantin) $86 for 2 hours - with petrol. We went up the Noosa river towards the lakes & them back down to look at some nice houses. Not sure if I would recommend it. Maybe just do the ferry.

Aslo went to the movies at Noosa Junction - only $9.00 on a Tuesday.

We hired a car (prebooked with Hertz - RACV discount) - a Toyota Yaris - $218.00 for 7 days - worked out better value than taxi's (or the bus from the airpot).

Thanks to all those to answered my questions about brampton/Whitsundays & Noosa.

I would highly recommend Noosa for a relaxing holdiay, with or without the kids

JLW

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Noosa Trip Reveiw September 2008

Great to see a review where someone sees past Hastings St and ventures into the local area.

You can also use your entertainment book at Cato's seafood buffet...

IMHO, Eumundi wednesday market just doesn't have the same atmoshphere as the saturday market...

Belmondos is great and our favorite place around Noosa. Great marketing how they slice a cake or tart in front of you and say here try a piece.. of course we can't help ourselves and buy!

glad you enjoyed.

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Noosa Trip Reveiw September 2008

Great feedback JLW! You certainly tried some good restaurants in Noosa.

I know one of the Chefs at Seasons very well and I will pass your comments on to him for sure!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,133 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Noosa Trip Reveiw September 2008

Thanks for this JLW - its always great to hear what people eventually ended up doing.

We have stayed at the Sheraton many times but funnily enough never eaten at Catos - as you have found there are so many great choices.

Pity about the Eumundi markets for you but I can vouch for the fact that the Saturday ones are fantastic.

We often hire a boat from Kingfisher and love it - but we get a BBQ pontoon and usually tie up near the river mouth - there are some beautiful swimming holes in there that are difficult to drive to - and make a day of it. Or head up into the Everglades in the other direction. Oh well....next time ??

cheers from another Noosa fan

4. Re: Noosa Trip Reveiw September 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, October 10, 2009